ifi Hip dac in the car

robdmarsh

I'm a big fan of all things ifi and I wanted to know if I could this DAC in my car between an iPod classic and the car stereo. At the moment the iPod classic is connected via the old docking port they used to have to usb port in the car. The cable is a proprietary Apple thing. The sound quality is already pretty good but I wanted to know if I could use this DAC between the iPod and the car stereo to enhance it further.

camcroft

I'm a big fan of all things ifi and I wanted to know if I could this DAC in my car between an iPod classic and the car stereo. At the moment the iPod classic is connected via the old docking port they used to have to usb port in the car. The cable is a proprietary Apple thing. The sound quality is already pretty good but I wanted to know if I could use this DAC between the iPod and the car stereo to enhance it further.
If I am not mistaken the iPod will be using it's own Dac already but could be dependant on what generation it is.

Last edited:

robdmarsh

Thanks for the replies. I think that when using the docking connection you cannot bypass the internal DAC, I've remembered that just now (durr!). And no the car does not have 3.5mm input so I think the answer to my own question is no, not possible. But that's ok as the sound is already pretty good with the DAC inside the iPod.
Thanks once again guys.

Reactions: camcroft

Holden Caulfield

Jan 2, 2023
Visit site
I have the Hip DAC. There are 30 pin adaptors to USB or lighting so you could try one of those but it probably won't work so you should probably just use your iPhone. Also, your mp3 tracks on your iPod are probably crap so not much point. Stream Hi-Res audio with your iPhone with your Hip DAC.

robdmarsh

Thanks for the reply. I don't have an iPhone, I have Android. I liked the ipod classic because it has thousands of songs on it and most of them are 320 kbps so it doesn't sound crap but quite good. I've Amazon HD on my phone but I don't want to stream because it uses so much data. I suppose I could download music and connect it via Hip DAC to the car. Do you use Hip DAC in the car?

TRENDING THREADS