New interconnects???..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone think of how i may to upgrade my system interconnects..

CDP - AMP1 - QED Silver Spiral...

AMP1 - AMP2 - QED Quinex 2...

DAC - AMP1 - Chord Chrimson...

A

Anonymous

If you would like to change 2 of them, then the atlas equator mk2 is very good value and sounds good as well.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd look at changing the amp1-amp 2 (QED Qenex 2) cable for something along the lines of the Atlas Equator or the Black Rhodium Prelude

How dies the Silver Spiral sound to you; I found it fairly bright at the top end with some music

I think the Choird Crimson interconnect is hard to beat and I reckon you'd have to look at close to £50/£60 plus to better it currently.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi reggaedave

What kind of improvements are you after- charecteristics? brighter, smoother, warmer, more open, lean and fast, etc. What price range?

Brands I have tried - the ones Ive liked -kimber, chord, eichmann, nordost, siltech , not so much QED, IXOS, Vandenhul. Supra Ive only tried there speaker leads and power chord - quite nice.

Cheers

Steve.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Also, consider Ecosse The Composer, which is great cable. Compared this cable to the Atlas and found it more natural sounding. It uses better copper than the Atlas - monocrystal I believe.

A

Anonymous

Open to suggestions still.

Would have all interconnects the same ideally. The chord is a 3 metre one so not cheap to change. Its the qed one's that i may change.

A

Anonymous

My vote would be for the Chord Crimsons - balanced and clean with a full bodied sound...

A

Anonymous

basshead:or........ dont 'upgrade' them at all, use the money to buy some music

Dont worry ill still buy music...

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Try some Silver High breed Avatars, good fast detailed punchy sound, nice bass and good clarity on top end. Works well with my Audiolab 8000Q, paired with Rotel RB 971's as monoblocs.

A

Anonymous

I always recommend the Chord Chameleon Silver Plus I/C. It's an excellent cable and you'll not need to change again. Amoungst other things, you'll notice improved bass.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:I always recommend the Chord Chameleon Silver Plus I/C. It's an excellent cable and you'll not need to change again. Amoungst other things, you'll notice improved bass.

I have to agree - it's very difficult to beat for around the £80 mark (eBay price).

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I found that the atlas equator mkII made music too bright when I used it to connect my dacmagic to my denon avr1909 .

The Chord Cobra3 is a great cable where somewhat brighter equipement is involved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts