New high end headphone

stefhens

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi,i want to buy a new headphone for my pc.I was thinking of buying the sennheiser HD800 or the beyerdynamic T1. My current setup is a xonar essence stx II soundcard with a sennheiser pc360 headset. Now would these headphones be total overkill ?Since i use them 60% for gaming,and remaining 40% is for youtube/music (mainly electronic/dance music). Or would some of you suggest something else maybe? Thank you.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Didn't like the answers you got to the exact same question in the headphone forum?

The advice is still good and you should consider taking the conversation/your search from there.

I believe it was recommended that you get something that does better bass than these two to have sufficient impact for gaming.

I personally believe that these would be complete overkill for gaming (not to mention not having a sound signature that would work very well with games) and youtube (highly revealing, slightly bright headphones + very low bitrate source is a waste, and kind of asking for trouble) and knowing how demanding the Sennheisers can be, I wouldn't be happy running it off the soundcard, but I am prejudiced against soundcards and how they are located in the (electronically) noisy insides of a computer.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
stefhens said:
Hi,i want to buy a new headphone for my pc.I was thinking of buying the sennheiser HD800 or the beyerdynamic T1. My current setup is a xonar essence stx II soundcard with a sennheiser pc360 headset.

I have the HD700 (which apparantly sound pretty similar to the HD800) and they are fantastic although I do find them a bit bass light unless the bass is boosted by a dB or two. They do work well for games too but only if you boost the bass. The the same goes for the T1's too.

The HD700/HD800 are fantastic with electronic dance music and IMO the HD700 are better (and cheaper) than the T1's.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Try listening to a pair of Sennheiser 205II only 35quid or so.

You can buy six pairs for what you'll pay for the ones recommended.

They're good sounding phones for music, films and games - pretty good isolation too.

They do start out tight and can be uncomfortable if you wear glasses but do get comfortable with time.

Honestly 300quid+ , at least have a listen to these.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts