New headphone amp

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at some new headphone and new headphone amp. Will have the funds in next month or so.
Think I have narrowed the headphones down to HE1000, HD800, LCD3 or maybe Oppo PM1.The headphone amp I really don't know where to start. Say a budget of 1.5K, anyone any suggestions. As always look out these forums for initial guidance as

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Womaz said:
I am looking at some new headphone and new headphone amp. Will have the funds in next month or so.

Think I have narrowed the headphones down to HE1000, HD800, LCD3 or maybe Oppo PM1. The headphone amp I really don't know where to start. Say a budget of 1.5K, anyone any suggestions. As always look out these forums for initial guidance as

For cans like those and with your budget I would be looking at Violectric HPA V220 or 281.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I will investigate these. I am more inclined to go with the Auralic Taurus or the Oppo as I have read a lot of really good stuff about them on forums and stuff.

The Violectric is difficult to get in UK I beleve

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
are fabulous, extremely detailed and revealing, and they can go very loud. I was disapppointed with the LCD3 which presented a very 'flat' monitor sound; the Fostex TH900 came a very close second but the comfort of the Oppo's swung it.

Peterapperup

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
This is my combi and I am very satisfied.

For headphones I have yet to hear better headphone;

avenson_headphone_amp_2.jpg
+
square_list_zoom_hd_800_01_sq_high_end_sennheiser.png
HD 800

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys, my apologies as I have not neen on here for a while. I ended up going for the HE1000 with the Auralic Taurus amp. It was close with the HD800s also in the running, but i did find them a touch too bright for my liking. The HE1000 were just more musical to me and did not lose any detail either.

Delighted with my set up now. Thanks for all the input

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts