New EPG , not impressed so far..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
SpiceWeasel:

The only good thing about the new EPG is it groups series recording together. The new EPG is much slower than the old version and with the new improved version tv guide you can only see half the amount of channels, so it takes longer to flick through the tv guide. I turned off the mini tv preview thing in the settings and I can now see the full list on one page like I used to with the old EPG.

Why on earth did they make the on screen info so small with the new EPG? If you type in a channel number the on screen info box is tiny in comparison to the old version, fine for me as I have 20/20 vision but it might be a problem if you suffer from poor eye sight.

So SKY can I please have the much faster more stable old EPG with the planner from the new version. At the very least let me choose if I want to keep the old version or not
emotion-12.gif

lol! i find teh grouping really annoying! thanks for the tip on removing the p in p tho.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Remembers what you watched previously?

Anyway, did i mention that my box has started deciding for itself whether its in the mood to obey my commnads (which i issue in the usual way, by pressing the right buttons, and not by shouting at it or telekinesis), and takes a very relaxed attitude to lip sync-ing?

Well, i did now.

A

Anonymous

Two weeks ago I have signed for Sky HD+.I am not very familiar with most the functions and features.My box shows up something similar to my friends SKY+ EPG, so what's the different from old EPG to new. Also BBCHD, 301, 302, 303 and various other channels are frequently pixelating and braking up and the box is freezing up too. I had to re boot if quite a few times this week. I would be greatful for any advice. Many thanks.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
samsung:

Two weeks ago I have signed for Sky HD+.I am not very familiar with most the functions and features.My box shows up something similar to my friends SKY+ EPG, so what's the different from old EPG to new. Also BBCHD, 301, 302, 303 and various other channels are frequently pixelating and braking up and the box is freezing up too. I had to re boot if quite a few times this week. I would be greatful for any advice. Many thanks.

Sounds like your box may not have the new one yet. I had th e same thoughts as you when i got my hd box.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Whilst im here. My box has now started dictating to me when i can and cannot have sound.

And when i can and cannot watch a programme (recordings especially) without such bad skipping thats its pointless.

I had to re-plumb my remote AGAIN the other day. Never had to do that with Sky+ at all, just changed batteries now and then, but now it doesnt warn me to do that.

Oh, and ive just tried to playback a prog i record every day to be told i cant purchase it...What manner of madess is that?!

Oh for Sky+, a working box, and decent EPG...

benjcal

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:

The only thing I have that is rather odd, is if say I am watching BBC1 then switch to C4HD(both on favourites list) then hit the blue button to check through my favourite chanels, the process will start at the chanel I was watching last rather than the cahnel I am curently viewing.
emotion-7.gif

My solution to this problem:

If the last channel was 101 and you are now watching 501, go up one channel to 502 and then hit the blue button.

The display will start from 501 instead of all the way back to 101.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Good idea, but we shouldne have to find ways around new problems that shouldnt have been created. And ill get another letter from them one day saying:

"because of teh wonderful new features we're giving you (or, rather, everyone else as i wont use them) we're increasing your subs but we're sure you wont mind as we are so wonderful. in the event taht you do mind, talk to the hand".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts