New CD Player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would like to upgrade my CD player and have a budget of up to £800 to spend on it. My musical tastes are varied and include everything from rock, pop and dance to classical/movie soundtracks. I’d like a player that could get more out of my CD’s as long as it doesn’t ever become harsh or overly forward in the treble and would like some advice/feedback as I haven’t checked out what’s available in some time. My Technics CD player was just being reviewed on the cover of the first copy of What Hi-Fi that I ever bought which shows how long it is since I’ve really had a look! Would it also be beneficial to upgrade my interconnects? I’ve been considering the Atlas Explorer but wonder if this is overkill. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My System:

Technics SL PS670A CD player

Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player

Yamaha DSP AX863SE AV Amplifier

Pioneer DV400K Multi-region DVD player

Samsung PS42Q7HD plasma TV

Technics RS BX501 cassette deck

B&W DM603 speakers

B&W LCR60 centre speaker

Monitor Audio Silver FX Surround speakers

B&W ASW650 Subwoofer

QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable

Audioquest Topaz interconnects

A

Anonymous

Looking at your system, you'll be pushed to hear the benefits of a cd player upgrade with an AV amp. You'd be better off adding a £400 stereo amp and buying £400 cd player to go with it. An extra box, perhaps, but the sonic benefits outweigh the inconvenience.

John Duncan

Agreed. You might even find plugging the CD player into the digital input on the Yamaha might breathe a new lease of life into it 9though airport express or squeezebox would be even better...)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. The CD upgrade is only the first step. I don't have the room to add any more boxes to the set up but plan to make the next upgrade a Yamaha Z7 so I'm looking for a player that will fit the bill if anyone has any suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts