New album releases

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 160668

Really enjoyed that :)

another similar veined suggestion for you... Masego (artist), song Tadow.

Again very chilled, instrumental, plus some beautiful sax.

insider9

Stone Temple Pilots released their new album last last month.

First listen for me as I write this and the album is compressed beyond belief. Surely their most compressed release to date.

Having now checked DR database it's for a 6 average with most tracks being 5... Shocking. New vocalist is quite decent to be fair.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Lots of new releases today:

Laura Veirs, The Look Out

Lead singer Sarah Howles from Paper Aeroplanes solo project under the name of Bryde debut album Like an Island

Isaac Gracey self titled debut album

Ciaran Lavery, Sweet Decay

and the promise of future releases from Florence and the Machine, Chantal Acda and Olivia Chaney to come in the near future.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

insider9

Chantal Acda? Really nice

And correction to something I wrote last week Manic Street Preachers new album haven't been released until today. I was really lookig forward to it and thought Tidal didn't have it but occured to me I just got the release date wrong.

insider9

Yes, she is a country artist from Tennessee. It is her 4th solo studio album that I can see. I've not heard any other but will definitely listen to the rest, all available via Tidal.

The album has probably one or two quite traditional country songs. She takes her influences from other genres too and mixes occasional strings
but not in a typical country way. It's at worst a pleasant listen and at best a very good release.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
insider9 said:
Just signed up to their mailing lists and first up will be also last Friday's release... Strangely also Country.

Old Crow Medicine Show - Volunteer

Not a huge country fan but one I heard recently was quite good was, Chris Stapleton, he has 3 albums, Traveller his first album would be a good starting point.

insider9

BigH said:
insider9 said:
Just signed up to their mailing lists and first up will be also last Friday's release... Strangely also Country.

Old Crow Medicine Show - Volunteer

Not a huge country fan but one I heard recently was quite good was, Chris Stapleton, he has 3 albums, Traveller his first album would be a good starting point.
Same here but do listen occasionally. And will listen
to any genre as long as it's well done. Cheers will give it go.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
BigH said:
Macspur said:
insider9 said:
This is rather splendid

Ashley Monroe - Sparrow

Doesnt appear to be on Spotify... is she a Country artist?

Mac

She is on Deezer, 4 albums. Seems to be on Spotify also.

For new artists I find All Music a good source of info. Yes country but not too country for me, maybe alt country?

just ignore me, spelt the surname wrong, found her.

Mac

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
insider9 said:
Yes, she is a country artist from Tennessee. It is her 4th solo studio album that I can see. I've not heard any other but will definitely listen to the rest, all available via Tidal.

The album has probably one or two quite traditional country songs. She takes her influences from other genres too and mixes occasional strings but not in a typical country way. It's at worst a pleasant listen and at best a very good release.

Listening now... again, I'm not a big Country fan, prefer Country/Folk or Alt/Country.

It's quite pleasant though, I know someone who will love it though.

One new release from the Folk world, last Friday Ninebarrow released their third album The Waters and the Wild, but sadly this definitely isn't on Spotify, their other two are though.

Mac

insider9

The first one, not my usual kind of music but I admit it's quite fun. Might be worth a listen if you enjoyed recent release by Tom Misch.

Dirty Computer by Janelle Monae / warning explicit language, make sure there's no kids around :)

0J4gdPK.png

Spotify link for those interested here. Also available on Tidal.

------------

Also out today... "You're Driving Me Crazy" Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco. Spotify link here

I've not had a listen to this one yet as been quite busy. But this could be the one from this week that will appeal to most. Soul/jazz/R&B what's not to like.

0004866119.jpg

-------------

Finally for those who prefer Rock/ Indie a band called Speedy Ortiz with album called "Twerp Verse"

Spotify link here

MI0004400073.jpg

Please let me know if there's anything new worth having a listen. Thanks :)

insider9

Ok, slight retraction having just put on Speedy Ortiz. It is not Rock. It's not that well recorded, sounds quite compressed and reminds me of Hole... I don't think I'm in the mood for it today.

But that Van Morisson album from last week was decent.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Damien Jurado - The Horizon Just Laughed

New album out a few days ago, does not seem to be on the streaming sites yet, sounds promising from the samples I have heard. AllMusic review is very good, 4.5/5.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts