Need Help up wireless network!

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi, ok i have just bought a belkin wireless router so i can have my laptop and xbox wireless. Im having trouble. When installing, it aks what type is my network?......static, dynamic, pppoe or pppoe? What does this mean? What do i choose?

I randomly chose dynamic and installed it. Ok now it all connects to the net but then loses connection. On my xbox It connects but after about a minute i lose signal, it then re-connects and then a minute later loses signal again. Also happens sometimes on my laptop. Does anyone know why? Really need help.

A

Anonymous

What type of router is it? Netgear? model?

Are you on XP or Vista?

What is the signal strength when you are using it? ie how far away are you from your router?

Laptop - USB dongle or PC - network card?ÿ

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Davro83:When installing, it aks what type is my network?......static, dynamic, pppoe or pppoe? What does this mean? What do i choose?

This refers to the type of connection your ISP provides you - you should give them a call and they will be able to tell you.

ÿ

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Its a Belkin router and i use Vista. The strength is full, i only sit 2 metres away from router. The laptop has stopped losing connectionn now but i cant watch any videos or play anything like poker online. If i watch something off you tube or something it only plays for about a minute then stops. And when i try to play poker online it just cant connect, yet looking at normal web pages is fine. Im very confused.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts