need cd advice please ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, i WANT a better cd player im using a marantz dv7001 is good but i want a better sound, i have borrowed a marantz cd63ki from a mate i think the dv sound a little bit better. I have tried qed silverspirals,cabletalk broadcast 2 & a chord optichord (digi) system qed s/a xt s/cables b&w 602s3 sony sta da 1200es amp

would i get any benifit from the marantz cd6002, pioneer pd-d6-j, rotel rcd-06 or should i go arcam cd72/73 maybe cyrus?

any advice would be great thanks

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Whaddya mean by "better" furbs? are you looking for tighter bass / clearer treble / better soundstage / sweeter vocals... if you let the guys here know that sort of thing, they will be in a better place to help u. Also, what amp/speakers you using with the DV?

A

Anonymous

well im a newby so i would say clearer vocals & soundstage its bright??

the bass is ok, sorry im no audiofile(you guessed) b&w 602 s3 speakers sony av amp str da1200es

im planning on upgrading the amp in the future but its gotta be a av amp.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, blinding people with technobabble again - someone tell me to shut up!

You don't have to be an audiophile to know what you prefer... so you are looking for something a bit more detailed with vocals then... maybe something like the Cambridge 840C might be a good starting place...see if you can get yourself to a Richer to have a listen...

A

Anonymous

hi thanks for the quick replies, but the 840 is over buget?

A

Anonymous

Wow - if the DVD player is better than the CD-63 then that shows how much technology has improved!

A

Anonymous

ha well i was thinking of up to £350 but i guess i could justify a bit more to my self(i could talk myself into it lol) but then i would like to upgrade the av amp so i dont want to go mad.

any one know any thing about marantz cd6000ki ?

A

Anonymous

hi hughes, dont take that as gospel as i dont know what im talking about but to me the dv7001 & cabletalk conects sounded the best.

A

Anonymous

The Arcam CD73 is the best in my opinion. Detailed, warm and smooth it has the most grown up sound of anything this side of £400 (you can get it for £300 new if you look). The Rotel RCD-06 was, put simply, bad when I heard it - un-detailed, un-refined and way to bright. The Pioneer which I have not heard that much is supposedly very good so it is worth a listen. But to be honest, the Arcam makes the rest of the disc spinners seem a bit immature in comparison - you have to spend alot more to better it.

A

Anonymous

cool thanks for the good advice what about arcam cd72 or marantz6000KI any one got any info on these please?

A

Anonymous

CD72 just the older version of the 73 ie still brilliant. Marantz 6000KI is quite old now (about 7 years) and was a really expensive player at the time - however times have changed.

A

Anonymous

i have just used the cd63ki with cabletalk conects again & i think it has better detail & a fuller sound than the dv7001

if only i knew what i was talking about!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]Wow - if the DVD player is better than the CD-63 then that shows how much technology has improved![/quote]

emotion-8.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
If you're going second hand Arcam, go for a CD92/CD192 as it is a big improvement on the CD72.

Likewise, why do you need an AV amp? If you must then again Arcam is a music based AV rather than music as a nice to have. A dedicated stereo amp will be much much better, especially if brightness is a problem.

I've compared my CD92 to my DV79 which is a £1k DVD player that's been praised for its music ability. The CD92 is much better.

A

Anonymous

hi joel, thanks for the advice i watch a lot of movies & game on the ps3 so would be lost with out the av amp. its looking like I NEED a arcam cd & amp. any thoughts on which amp?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The FMJ series are the best, but if you can't stretch to that, and through my limited experience and other people's/magazines/reviewers views then the A85/P85 combo would be the one. Some of the other Diva amps don't seem to have been so well received.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts