Which CD player? PLEASE HELP...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The Hi-Fi shop assistant told me that choosing pre-amp/amp and speakers is the most important and starting point to build on it. I have chosen and I am happy with a following line-up:

- Pre-amp RC-06 & Pow-amp RB-06 (any comment on these?)
- KEF IQ30 stereo speakers (any comment on this?)

Now I need to make a decision about the CD player. These are in my shortlist:
1) Rotel RCD-06 (didn't sounded bad but it doesn't have iPod compatible USB input that I'd like to have. Also is it better to combine Rotel CD with Rotel's Pre-amp/Power-amp combination?)
2) Marantz CD6003 (highly recommended by What Hi-Fi review and does have iPod compatible USB input and headphone output);
3) Denon DCD-710AE (Also does have iPod compatible USB input and headphone output and accoriding to Tibor has a warmer sound than Marantz CD6003)
4) Any other suggestion for CD player (in this price range) that you would like to recommend and would fit the above lineup?

Any comment, feedback, suggestion would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Thank you in anticipation!!!

A

Anonymous

The Marantz CD6003 will go very well with your Rotel Pre/Power combo, IMO.

A

Anonymous

A rather dumb question but how did you choose the Speaker / amp combo? You must have used a sound source - that might be a good starting point.

A

Anonymous

Well, "welshboy", if you've read my text carefully you could see that I have initially listened Rotel RCD-06 cd player with KEF speakers and Rotel pre-amp/amp combo. It did not sound bad at all... However I am interested to hear a feedback about other two CD players (Marantz CD6003 and Denon DCD-710AE) or any other CD player that might be a better option for me. Especially I would like my CD player to have headphone output and iPod compatible USB input.

I would still appreciate any feedback or suggestion from anybody who can help... thanks!!!

A

Anonymous

i have found the new range of marantz cd players to emphasise the mids and upper-mids. thus they sound brighter at the expense of the bass which i have found to be on the soft side.

that could explain the warmer sound of the denon. listen to the marantz and denon and decide which type of sound you prefer.

A

Anonymous

sflam - thank you for your time to give me a valuable feedback and advice - much appreciated!!!

Anybody else is very welcome to help me with their feedback...

A

Anonymous

Hi music4eddie,

I was using the older model of the Rotel RC-03 preamp. And guess what, It sounded bright, although not that bright for some, so it kinda hindered my thought of purchasing a solid-state pre ever again. Now I'm back on tubes and I'm kinda itching for a SS pre and the thought of getting the newer model, RC-06, is the first on my list as my budget isn't there to play those Perraux and Conrads.

So, any possibility that the Rotel Pre/Power combo sounds bright with your KEF?

A

Anonymous

Hi terfyo,
thank you for your feedback. Although I still haven't bought RC06/RB06 Rotel Pre/Power Amp. Combo, I have been listening in the shop almost every day (people in the shop told me that next time when I come they will close the door and won't let me go out unless I buy it!!!! :)) Anyway, I have spent a lot of time listening different kind of music (classical, jazz, instrumental, rock, pop, new-age, etc...). This combination sounds great, bright, clear, a lot of detail. Pre/Power Amp combo has a lot of power (70W) that only helps, and KEF IQ30 perform very well. I am now VERY close to purchase that combination. Still considering CD player though. Also at the moment I am listening in the other shop,newest Rotel's combo from 15 series: RA1520 Integrated Amplifier and CD player RCD1520 with speakers Tangent - Lounge L6. That also sounds good, and now I need some time to make my decision. If anybody read this and has any comment,feedback or/and suggestion please do so - I will certainly appreciate.

T

the record spot

I'd seek out a better quality source CDP; you're selling yourself short with the current three IMO. Exposure 2010SE and upwards I'd suggest.

TRENDING THREADS