Which one? Marantz CD6002 or Arcam CD73T

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi expert,

pls help me to decide which of this cdp i should buy to match my exposure 2010s int.amp, B&W 602S3 and QED silver spiral interconnet plus QED anniversary biwire. this to replace my 10yrs old marantz CD5000 which no longer relevance i think. i bought CA Azur 640c v2 and run for a month but i cant fall in love with it even forced myself to love it, my old cd5000 even better.so i returned it to the dealer. unfortunately the dealer have a limited cdp in a his stock, so i'm thinking about cd6002 or arcam cd73 olny, since i'm not happy with Rotel RCD-06 sound. my music preference is 40% pop, 25% rock 20% jazz and 15% instrumental.

thanks

John Duncan

Why did you not fall in love with the Cambridge? May help us offer you better advice, as the Arcam and Marantz offer different presentations from the Cambridge - the Arcam is more mellow, the Marantz more in your face, with the Cambridge somewhere in the middle (in my opinion).

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]I'd go for thr Arcam CD73 all the way.

You could also look out for an Arcam CD72 on Ebay, very good CDP![/quote]

Yes I agree, I'd have to go for the Arcam too!
I bought a cd6002 some weeks ago. I have some mustard growing than needs chopping and the cd6002 won't cut it.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I depends on what you want. I have the CD6002, great player for the money. Lively and detailed. The Arcam has a nice warm sound but can also be a bit boring IMO.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Cypher"]

I depends on what you want. I have the CD6002, great player for the money. Lively and detailed. The Arcam has a nice warm sound but can also be a bit boring IMO.

[/quote]

Same here. Had the CD6002 for a few days and at £199.95 I am very pleased.

As far as I can see the Arcam is well over twice that price so you would hope it would be another step up wouldn't you?
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

u mean they are in different league? if yes then i'll go for arcam, but if not marantz will be my coice. why pay more for same quality level rite?

A

Anonymous

The Arcam is better for sure but it's a lot more expensive. The NAD C542 is an Arcam-lite player for not much more than the CD6002. The Marantz is unbeatable at up to £250 and the NAD is unbeatable up to £600 IMO.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="paktongko"]
u mean they are in different league? if yes then i'll go for arcam, but if not marantz will be my coice. why pay more for same quality level rite?
[/quote]

TBO i would try and get the best you can afford and not the best value for money. If you can get hold of a decent second-hand CD73t for the same price as the Marantz or NAD, then that might change your mind. Have you listened to either of them yet?

A

Anonymous

another vote for the Arcam CD73T - in its price bracket it is the best performing CDP by far. Detail to die for.

A

Anonymous

Yes I agree the Arcam with B&W speakers are a perfect match.

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
I'd give the Creek Evolution a listen to, when I was after a replacement for my old Technics I liked the Arcam til I heard the Creek, then bought the Creek. At the end of the day you've got to listen to them all and make you own mind up.

A

Anonymous

thanks everybody,

after read all the input given, with no doubt i'll get arcam cd73. hope i make a right choice

thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts