Change Arcam CD72T?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Current system; Arcam CD72T, Rotel RA04 amplifier, Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers, Atacama Nexus 6 stands, QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable, Cambridge Audio Arctic interconnect.
I'm relatively happy with my system at the moment and am not in a position to upgrade to a mid-range system yet. Having recently moved home the system is now in a bigger room (about 3.5m x 5m) and I'm able to listen to my music louder. I've noticed that the sound has changed and the bass is a bit "booming" at times. My music tastes are wide and varied covering many genres.
I'm wondering if this is being caused by the Arcam CD player as I understand it is known for it's "warm" sound? I picked it up about 3 years ago second hand for £200. Is it a good match for my other components? Maybe a more recent model would be better suited e.g., Marantz CD5002, NAD C545BEE, Pioneer PD-D6-J or the Cambridge Audio Azur 540C v2 perhaps? Any thoughts/advice welcome...

A

Anonymous

You've got a very similar system to mine, how much space is there behind the BR2s?

At the minute one of my speakers is slightly too close to a wall and it is boomier than the other one which is more in free space.

You could try the bungs in the bass ports on the BR2

Though the all over warmness of the arcam, rotel and br2s might be the cause, but try the free stuff first =)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
BarryJ:Current system; Arcam CD72T, Rotel RA04 amplifier, Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers, Atacama Nexus 6 stands, QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable, Cambridge Audio Arctic interconnect.
I'm relatively happy with my system at the moment and am not in a position to upgrade to a mid-range system yet. Having recently moved home the system is now in a bigger room (about 3.5m x 5m) and I'm able to listen to my music louder. I've noticed that the sound has changed and the bass is a bit "booming" at times. My music tastes are wide and varied covering many genres.
I'm wondering if this is being caused by the Arcam CD player as I understand it is known for it's "warm" sound? I picked it up about 3 years ago second hand for £200. Is it a good match for my other components? Maybe a more recent model would be better suited e.g., Marantz CD5002, NAD C545BEE, Pioneer PD-D6-J or the Cambridge Audio Azur 540C v2 perhaps? Any thoughts/advice welcome...

This sounds like a room/speaker thing at first glance. I agree with the above poster and move your speakers around a bit.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. Yes the speakers have had to go much closer to the wall in their new home. I was hoping that this may not be a problem as they are front vented. I will try the bungs in the bass ports as you suggested.

A

Anonymous

Yes, laminate flooring now instead of carpet, also leather sofas as opposed the the old fabric one. It does sound as if there's nowt too wrong with my "warm" sounding system after all other than it's new surroundings... Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Rugs. Also a nice Picasso print. Former for the sound, latter for the d‚cor.

A

Anonymous

Glad it is all sorted.

They are a really helpful bunch on here

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
BarryJ:Yes, laminate flooring now instead of carpet, also leather sofas as opposed the the old fabric one. It does sound as if there's nowt too wrong with my "warm" sounding system after all other than it's new surroundings... Thanks for your help.

Could of course be a perfect excuse to 'change' your speakers to something more suitable.

First step, buy a nice rug and curtains.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I will try the soft furnishing options first but what speakers do you feel would be more suitable?

TRENDING THREADS