Narrowed down to Yamaha RX-A3050 vs Pioneer SC-LX59

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Further to my previous post, I have narrowed down by detault to the Yamaha RX-A3050 vs Pioneer SC-LX59. Similar price point, I have the follwoing....

Tannoy revolution Signature DC6T, DC6R and DC4 (Surround)

I also have the Pioneer LX55 Blu ray player so not sure if the Yamaha would have the PQLS feature to synch ?

Cheers

Phil

Yamaha RX-A3050 is more in competition with Pioneer LX89, so is superior to the LX59 on paper. It won't have PQLS as that's proprietary Pioneer, although I don't think that's necessary anyway.

You should demo both options as they both sound different. I prefer the Yamaha for its warmth....Pioneer is forward but can be clinical.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Big Boss, unfortunatley I will not get to audition this kit, as I would have to order it through work. In your opinion do you feel the Yamaha would match well with the Tannoy Revolution Signature speakers I have ? Also, will the sound quality be worth the extra money on the 3050 over the 2050 running in 5:1 ?

THanks

I haven't heard the Tannoys so it's a difficult question for me to answer. Looking at the speaker specs, they will benefit from the extra amplification of 3050. Only a demo can tell you if it results in a discernible difference.

Check the main differences between them:

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/aventage/rx-a3050_black_u/10934/8896

I personally prefer Yamaha sound to Pioneer.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I really would recommend finding somewhere to demo, the two amp makes are completely different sounding and you obviously like the Pioneer sound as do I.

I went from Yamaha to Denon and then Pioneer, I too have a LX85 and am considering my next purchase.

I am not sure that the purchase of Pioneer to Onkyo is a good thing.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Why bother looking at 9.1 (11.1 with external power amp) options?
Better to go for a higher sound quality 5.1 - or 7.1 to give you some expansion capabilities - options like Arcam or Anthem. You really won't hear much more sound level from the higher wattage amps in the higher end 9.1 receivers anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts