NAP200 vs 2 x NAP150?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys

Just a thought that popped into my head - how would 2 bi-amped Naim NAP150's (50 watt stereo each) sound compared to a single Naim NAP200 (70w stereo)? Obviously NAP200 is a better amp than a NAP150, but I'm curious how much this difference would be bridged through adding another NAP150 and biamping...?

Any experiences or thoughts?

Cheers

Roman

roman_sub:
Hi guys

Just a thought that popped into my head - how would 2 bi-amped Naim NAP150's (50 watt stereo each) sound compared to a single Naim NAP200 (70w stereo)? Obviously NAP200 is a better amp than a NAP150, but I'm curious how much this difference would be bridged through adding another NAP150 and biamping...?

Any experiences or thoughts?

Cheers

Roman

Hi Roman

I would have a single NAP200 over two NAP150's anyday.
emotion-1.gif

Btw, how are you finding your FlatCap XS?

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick

The Flatcap XS is great! It completely removed any hardness in the treble that the 112 previously had and really "matured" the pre-amp's sound. Very pleased. Eventually going to upgrade NAC202, though.

Now just wondering whether to go straight to a NAP200 or try 2x NAP150's first... I do wonder whether bi-amping would a significant enough advantage here.

Roman

Hi Roman

I am glad you are happy with the FlatCap XS.
emotion-1.gif

If you're also thinking of the NAC202 then i'll recommend the NAP200 even more so. Imo NAC202/NAP200 is an excellent combination and one of Naim's finest.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I would say it's partly down to how well your speakers respond to bi-amping. Some speakers show a big improvement when bi-amping, but more often than not, I'd recommend a better power amplifier - adding another power amp that's the same doesn't really improve quality or power. A better quality power amp, and one with more power and control would be a far better investment.

A

Anonymous

I guess that makes sense, as the two 150's would be working in parallel, without a significant increase in the power and control that the 200 would offer?

200 it is, then..

Thanks Rick and Frank!

A

Anonymous

Yes, David, sorry should pay more attention in the future!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts