Naim superuniti vs Cyrus xp6 & cd6se2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would like opinions on this one guys

I,m thinking of getting into hi res streaming, I currently have a cyrus 6 cd and amp.

The main question is will it be step up in SQ going to the naim over the Cyrus gear.

I thinking how nice it would be to have it all but, the rega deck in one system.

cheers

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
This is really a question about presentation, as both make good streamers. If you like Cyrus, go Cyrus (and vica versa). Personally I prefer the Linn DS.

You need to go and demo....btw. What speakers do you have?

A

Anonymous

I've got bw pm1's

Not really considering Cyrus streamer, it's got no iPad app " as far as I no" , I like the idea of a all in one system plus turntable.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Jibby said:
I've got bw pm1's

Not really considering Cyrus streamer, it's got no iPad app " as far as I no" , I like the idea of a all in one system plus turntable.

Those are great speakers that deserve an equivalent amp (£2k - £2.5k). There aren't that many all in one streamers that have such a high quality built in amp. The Superuniti (as you said) is a good possibility, as is the Linn Majik DSi (though I personally don't like most Linn amps).

Jibby said:
Would like opinions on this one guys

I,m thinking of getting into hi res streaming, I currently have a cyrus 6 cd and amp.

The main question is will it be step up in SQ going to the naim over the Cyrus gear.

I thinking how nice it would be to have it all but, the rega deck in one system.

cheers

Hi jibby

Naim's SuperUniti is an excellent product. I feel the SuperUniti will offer an even better tonal match with PM1 speakers and the SuperUniti's higher quantity/quality of power and performance will energize PM1 speakers far more effectively thereby leading to much a greater level of overall performance.

WHF's recent review summed up SuperUniti just nicely :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks rick

I,m currently home demonstrating the naim uniti, so far I,m impressed.

The naim to me is much more musical then the Cyrus 6 series gear.

Hi res stuff is stunning, open, detailed, with real texture to it.

I,m having the superuniti next weekend, can't wait to what that's like.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi jibby hope you dont mind me askin but ive been thinking of going down the one box route is the uniti quite powerful for a fifty watter?

A

Anonymous

Hi audio addict

For my size room 18ftx16ft most definitely powerful enough, that said I don't listen at asbo levels these days.

The sq from the uniti is amazing value for money, and sounds great regardless of the fact it's a all in one.

The pm1 are quite hard to drive as well, so normal sensitivty speakers would be fine.

Hope this helps cheers jibby

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As Cno mentions, it really is a case of presentation and how you like your music.

While I'm not overly keen on B&W with Naim stuff, the PM1's work really well together. Plus, you'll have the option of adding amplification at a later date if you feel the need to get even more out of them.

At the moment, you can pick up something like the 6xpD and the CD transport for £1700, which leaves ample to add a streaming device. Alternatively, I'd look at adding the 8xpD QX with CD transport, which is a little more at £2100, but still leaves enough for a streaming device, but will get more from the PM1's with it's extra power.

Naim will be a little smoother and warmer, whereas the Cyrus is a little more forward in it's sound, with a slightly 'fatter' bass. Either system leaves you open to upgrading in the future, if you so wish.

At the moment, we're running the PM1's with a StreamXP and 8 Power, and sounds great :)

A

Anonymous

Hi guys

I think that David is right , hifi is all down to taste and that should be your own taste, not some telling you it sounds good to them.

The pm1 is so far the only speaker I like that I have listened to from bw, in regards to the Cyrus which I must add I do like, I find myself listening to the system more then just enjoying the music, the naim I find more musical but that's just my opinion and you know what they say about them.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I have to admit that B&W has never really suited my personal taste, but the PM1 for me is one of the best I've heard them produce (although I've not heard the current 800 series).

I think if you find a system you like the sound of, you do listen more to the music. If the system isn't making you want to listen to it, you'll find your mind wandering, or as you say, listening to the system itself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts