NAIM NAIT / toaster

worldofsteve

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi, been lucky enough to get a try of a NAIT3 MM phono/NAP90 from a friend who's upgrading to some monster NAIM streaming rig. It's been in storage for a looooong time and from cold sounded like hell, a few hours just streaming Spotify and it's warmed up and filled out nicely, but by warmed up I mean REALLY warmed up, so questions:

1) I assume the NAIT is running just as a pre-amp so I don't know whether it should be really be warm never mind very warm at all?

2) Am I right, NAIT on top of the NAP90?

3) £300 quid seems quite a mates rates to me even though it's a bit tatty, sound about right? I dont want to rip him off.

Thank you!

worldofsteve

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Interesting, my understanding (sic) is by splitting the NAIT that's just a preamp now, and the NAP90 does the juice, so what would a Flatcap do in this set up? They seem to pop up regularly on eBay for not too much money.

jjbomber

worldofsteve said:
Interesting, my understanding (sic) is by splitting the NAIT that's just a preamp now, and the NAP90 does the juice, so what would a Flatcap do in this set up? They seem to pop up regularly on eBay for not too much money.

Bass is the very short answer. It just adds a whole new level of rhythm to the music. Add as many cliches as you want; nighyt and day, black and white etc but the difference is huge.

I have to admit I was the World's biggest non-believer, so I 'borrowed' one from my local Audio T. It never went back. Amazing difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts