Naim Nait 5i +Ariva

monosoul

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

So I am new here. I am searching for a good pair of used loudspeakers to match them with Nait 5i. What do you think about Naim Ariva? I listen mainly to rock but some vocal or orchestral music also find a way to my ears from time to time. Room is actually quite big cca. 35 m2. Thanks for your opinion.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I am probably not the best person to ask, as I don't like Naim and haven't enjoyed any of their speakers that I've heard (which doesn't include the Ariva).

My generic advice is to get a list of speakers and pick the ones that work...and that often takes you in a direction you don't expect, provided you go with an open mind (harder than it sounds). A few suggestions might be from Neat, Kudos and Kef.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
With the Nait 5i being 50 wpc you probably should consider high sensitivity floor standers to fill that room size. Options are many, I have Sonus Faber toy towers with my 5si and they sound great. Big, warm and full sound, yet still nicely detailed and sweet highs. They pair with Naim very well and are great all rounders with different music genres.

monosoul

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Since the budget is quite limited I finally decided for used Naim Ariva and I have to say that they suit perfectly to me. Sound is so (How to say?) graceeful, nothing is jumping out and it can fill the room without any problems. Definitely this was the right choice made.

Next investment which is waiting to be done is CD player. I was thinking to buy something used. Maybe some old school Onkyo Integra.

In more distant future I will try to get rid of all CDs and switch to streaming. And of course to vinyls.

Anyway thanks for all advices which you wrote down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts