naim audio nd5 xs or pioneer n-70a

music 24

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.

Who has better sound quality?
to play music from usb connection? 2 models have that. Basically I listening to music files from the pc like wav, flac.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The USB port on the Naim ND5 XS is only to plug a USB stick or an iDevice, but it won't work to play music from a computer. You can add a USB-to-SPDIF converter, though.

But if you intend to play music only from the computer, maybe you just need a DAC and not so much a streamer.

What's the rest of your system?

music 24

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
the system be connect to proac
and McIntosh ma7900.
I would like to connect usb flash drive to streamer with connect usb and play music files (wav & flac) which streamer gives better results.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Your best option is probably to use one of the digital inputs of the amp to connect the streamer, and then the sound quality of the DAC in the streamer will not matter at all. So in short, both would work equally well for you.

I'd just buy the cheaper option, or choose out of functionality. Be aware anyways that there are still cheaper alternatives than these, which will give you the same sound quality, such as inferior Pioneer models.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I would get MacMini ( connect it to your MA7900 with optical cable) with player of your choice ( you may even like iTunes, but something like Fidelia do sounds better and will play WAV, FLAC, ALAC, MP3 etc), after warranty expires I would swap Hard Drive that comes with the MacMini for SSD which is one best upgrade you can possibly do to your Mac ( speed wise).. I would control whole thing from an iPad ( which acts as your MacMini screen, that just connects to Mac via your WiFi)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts