Nad326bee vs micromedia mysystem

Warax

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone! I need some advice. I currently own a Nad 326bee with some old Celestion DittO 15. My speaker are now dead so i'm looking for an upgrade. Thing is I came across the Micromega My system. Sound was amazing... and for the price (1000$ here in canada)I started to wonder if selling my nad and getting the Mysystem was a good idea.
I know i need a new source ( cd player deas and no DAC) and new speakers. I also want a new turntable! So the my system with his DAC seems like a good bet! But would it be a better idea to keep the NAD and spend the 1k$ on speaker and sources?

Thanks for you answer!

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello Warax and welcome!

Are you in the opportunity to compare both scenarios with your own ears? Like taking your NAD to a shop and trying it with speakers and a source (as suggested by your dealer) against the My System? That will be the only way to answer this question IMO.

The Micromega amp looks pretty well spec'ed (inputs, outputs, power supply, ...), ready for the 21st century. But the speakers are impossible to assess on paper; speakers are the most 'personal' link in the chain too.

So it's very well possible to get a source + speakers which, combined with the NAD, could beat the Micromega offer hands down. Maybe the MM amp gels well with some other speaker pair. Who knows? Well, maybe your dealer does!

Discuss your situation with him and see where that takes you. Much will depend on the room, the music you listen to and the features you need (streaming, multiroom, remote control, ...)too.

Oh, and don't let the inclusion of dedicated cables guide you in your decision. They're by far the least significant bit in the package!

Keep us posted!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
That Micromega Myamp looks good and had some very good reviews. (They also used it at the Munich High End to power some Focal Utopias ... )

I like NAD too.

rainsoothe

DocG said:
Hello Warax and welcome!

Are you in the opportunity to compare both scenarios with your own ears? Like taking your NAD to a shop and trying it with speakers and a source (as suggested by your dealer) against the My System? That will be the only way to answer this question IMO.

The Micromega amp looks pretty well spec'ed (inputs, outputs, power supply, ...), ready for the 21st century. But the speakers are impossible to assess on paper; speakers are the most 'personal' link in the chain too.

So it's very well possible to get a source + speakers which, combined with the NAD, could beat the Micromega offer hands down. Maybe the MM amp gels well with some other speaker pair. Who knows? Well, maybe your dealer does!

Discuss your situation with him and see where that takes you. Much will depend on the room, the music you listen to and the features you need (streaming, multiroom, remote control, ...)too.

Oh, and don't let the inclusion of dedicated cables guide you in your decision. They're by far the least significant bit in the package!

Keep us posted!

what he said. Also, if you can, demo the MyAmp with Q Acoustics 3020 or Concept 20, and the Nad with Dali Zensor 3, XTZ 93.23 MK ii or B&W 685 s2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts