admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just started getting into Hi-Fi. My Knowledge is very limited. However, I have just ordered some NAD gear: the C325BBE Amplifier and the C525BBE CD Player. I also got the Monitor Audio BR2 Speakers. For interconnects I went with the QED Qunex 1 and I got QED Silver Launch Anniversary Speaker Cable with QED Airlock Banana Plugs.

Basically last week I sent back a Sony DAB Micro HIFi to Amazon for a refund. Did I do the right thing? Have I bought quality? Also should I look to get the NAD C425 Tuner or C445 DAB Tuner when funds allow? I can't afford to blow my money. The people who read this forum will know a thousand times more about Hi-Fi than me, so any views or guidance would be helpful. Thanks.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Welcome to the site James.

Don't worry, you haven't wasted your money. NAD has a long-standing reputation for making high-quality budget hi-fi, and the C325BEE amp is a good-quality, 4-star product, as is the NAD C445 tuner. We also rate the Monitor Audio BR2s very highly indeed, having given them a Best Buy Award this year, and your choice of speaker cable/interconnects is spot-on.

The only thing I'd question is your choice of CD player: we found the NAD C525BBE doesn't have the grip or authority to bring the frequency range to heel, so gave it 3 stars. If it's not too late, you might want to consider a Cambridge Audio CD player instead: both the Azur 340C (£150) and Azur 540C V2 (£200) are excellent.

Either way, hi-fi separates will give you better performance than the Sony micro system, so you're on the right track.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
if you have already got the nad gear you are indeed on the right track and another cd player is not necessarily the way to go, as is another amp or speakers for that matter or we would all worry if we have made an error in our choice of equipment.if you listen to a lot of radio then go ahead when funds allow of course and make your purchase but for now enjoy the music and take the upgrade path slowly,over time you will gain experience of dfferent gear and the sound you want.remember new gear takes time to bed in,especially speakers.nad is good as is cambridge as is a lot of other gear only time and funds will allow you to seek the sound your after.good luck,gregory.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I think you've made some good choices. I imagine the NAD CD will work very well with the amp. It will be a massive step up from the mini system, and more fun too.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
You made a great choice.......dont worry to much about other opinions and ratings.. enjoy the nad and upgrade in time when you gain more knowledge...the nad is a great choice so enjoy.....

i have a nad set up with c352 amp and c521bee cd player....

nads

A couple of good seperates there. the speakers and the cables i hear are good too.

my only comment would be remember the system will sound better over time.the speakers could take a few 100 hours to sound their best..

re the tuner am using an old Technics one with my set up. not really looked at the Nad ones. but you may just find that you dont want to listen to the radio any more just the Cd's ;)

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
hey nads...have you heard anything about the nad m3 from the masters series ?..ive had plenty of nad gear too...masters series just seams to be priced many times higher than say your 372 and 272..i wander how the M3 would drive those BW703 speakers you have.have your tried the m3 with anything or auditioned them>>..

nads

biggus funny you say that but no i did not even though it was there in the room at the same time....

i had already been listening to a pile of speakers and was already decided that i wanted the 703 or the 704... i already had the 372 and was planing on the 272 so it was more of a test check and confirmation.

The Hifi shop i dealt with supplied both the speakers and the Nad kit so i was able to have "MY" set up there with out moving anything. Now i was testing the speakers running Bi-amped 372 top and 272 bass, the guys at the shop had been running the 703's with the Masters amp and they said that they felt that the 372/272 combo had more control.

My only comment is bin the steel jumper between the pre out and main in. i replaced min with a tara labs rcs? and the difference was noticeable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts