My wife killed it!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
In this moment i'm in a home demo of Dynaudio Excite X12 and Naim 5i ( first), Van Den Hul MC cs 122 hybrid, Sushi and red wine.

This afternoon when the sales man came to my home to drop the gear, and connected together all the parts, first music in ( romeo and Juliet live), my wife asked:

- do you have the whites for delivery?

- yes! Said the sails man!

- are they ready to go tomorow?

- yes, they are!

Deal DONE !!!

No more ATC SCM11, no more demos, no more indecisions!

:dance:

I LOVE MY WIFE!!! :oops:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!
Yesterday after 3hs of demo i was going with listening fatigue, and i knew that couldn't be from de X12, i thought, ist's from the amp!
And never felt that with the NAD MA RS1 combo.
A got up and connected the X12 to the NAD 3020i, and said to my wife lets se if the NAD doesnt turn RED, like a weightlifter...
And my jaw droped!!! Not turned RED and much better, we listening for another 2hs.
This morning i got up and turn the NAD on and i'm still amazed with the performance of the 30w per channel 20 something years old amp!
Listening at the moment to Patricia Barber at lower volume and the bass is amazing, the upper treble very soft, and mid range very full.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Hi guys!
Yesterday after 3hs of demo i was going with listening fatigue, and i knew that couldn't be from de X12, i thought, ist's from the amp!
And never felt that with the NAD MA RS1 combo.
A got up and connected the X12 to the NAD 3020i, and said to my wife lets se if the NAD doesnt turn RED, like a weightlifter...
And my jaw droped!!! Not turned RED and much better, we listening for another 2hs.
This morning i got up and turn the NAD on and i'm still amazed with the performance of the 30w per channel 20 something years old amp!
Listening at the moment to Patricia Barber at lower volume and the bass is amazing, the upper treble very soft, and mid range very full.

That is often why those of us, whose first tentative steps into the world of hifi which started with the likes of the Nad 3020, Arcam A60 and Trio KA 1500, find a lot of modern amps fatiguing. Modern taste is changing.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
My fave system of the early 1980s was my NAD 3020a (my second NAD 3020) with AR18s 'speakers and then my first Rega Planar 3 (the first one with an RB300) and Nagaoka MP11 Boron.

SteveR750

chebby said:
My fave system of the early 1980s was my NAD 3020a (my second NAD 3020) with AR18s 'speakers and then my first Rega Planar 3 (the first one with an RB300) and Nagaoka MP11 Boron.

swap the 3020 for the 3130 and the Rega for a CS501 and that was my first "real" system. The MP11 was on of my favourite bits of kit for a long time.

+1 for slightly warm sounding. I wonder if it's age and frequency response deterioration related. I preferred more treble on my parents system whcn I was much younger - they thought it sounded shrill whereas to me it was just more lively.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Just bought Atacama Duo7 this morning on Ebay, hope they arrive this week, in gray.

Then after the Brio R arrive will post new pics of the system complete!

never thought i sorted out the speaker first then the amp... Live have this litle things...

T

the record spot

chebby said:

And of that lot, the Nagaoka is still in rude health, as is the cheaper version, the MP11.

(Think the Boron was the upmarket version - haven't checked their site so could be miles off with that).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot said:
And of that lot, the Nagaoka is still in rude health, as is the cheaper version, the MP11.

(Think the Boron was the upmarket version - haven't checked their site so could be miles off with that).

The MP11 is now the MP110 and costs $99 (and no 'Boron' version that I can find).

I am not aware that anyone actually distributes/sells them in the UK.

The range can be seen here...

http://www.needledoctor.com/Nagaoka

(The Nagaoka site is virtually non-existent except to list 'Stylus and Audio Accessory' as one of their activities.)

Also, "of that lot" the Rega Planar 3 (with RB300) is also still in rude health as the RP3 (with RB303). The 1983 version would be virtually indistinguishable - from the latest RP3 - to the casual observer.

T

the record spot

Except for the S-arm the original one had...!

EDIT: Musonic in Watford sells the - presumably - current range in the UK. That's a big change as I recall a Hi Fi World article of maybe three or so years back stating the MP11 was still going. Looks like they've revamped their range a tad!

http://www.musonic.co.uk/cartridges-nagaoka-c-4_22.html?zenid=2hgbfcajre46hb9f8udohnnjs7&perPage=0&sort=20a

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot said:
Except for the S-arm the original one had...!
I specifically mentioned the 1983 version (the first one with the RB300 and the first Rega I owned).

That had no 'S' shaped arm. (You are thinking of the previous models with Acos arms.)

T

the record spot

Unreserved apologies, Sunday is a geek day off for me Mr. C. But if we're going to cherrypick minor inaccuracies, my Musonic listing was on page 1 of the Google search.... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts