My system sounds like cxxx

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, it does today. Got a cold, manflu proper.

Can't hear any low frequencies. Sounds like it's squeezed through a tube.

So I'm watching England play football, almost as pointless and reading some hifi mags again.

Then it's 'Strictly'.

Almost contemplating starting a cable thread through sheer boredom but think I may leave that til tomorrow.

Fantastic :)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
drummerman said:

So I'm watching England play football, almost as pointless and reading some hifi mags again.

Then it's 'Strictly'.

Almost contemplating starting a cable thread through sheer boredom but think I may leave that til tomorrow.

*nea*

Native_bon said:
drummerman said:

Then it's 'Strictly'.

*nea*

My condolences. Had the same recently when sinus problems basically shut down my right ear. Tried headphones and that was worse. Contemplated buying mono LP's even. However, it passed.

Look forward to the cable thread. :) You can be sure I will give it my utmost attention.

Have we done Ethernet cables yet? My Cat 6 are yellow and the dog's nuts.

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm not watching the game. The last one did me in - yes, we won, but it was exactly the same woeful performance I've watched over the last few years. In some ways I hope England doesn't qualify, then the agony is shorter.

Drummerman, grab a decent book.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
Native_bon said:
drummerman said:

Then it's 'Strictly'.

*nea*

My condolences. Had the same recently when sinus problems basically shut down my right ear. Tried headphones and that was worse. Contemplated buying mono LP's even. However, it passed.

Look forward to the cable thread.   :) You can be sure I will give it my utmost attention.

:)

Perhaps fuses. There are these silver plated ones which are cheap ...

drummerman said:
Al ears said:
Native_bon said:
drummerman said:

Then it's 'Strictly'.

*nea*

Look forward to the cable thread. :) You can be sure I will give it my utmost attention.

:)

Perhaps fuses. There are these silver plated ones which are cheap ...

Think they have been done. Silver tarnishes. Stick to a good book or posting on here until hearing returns.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:

Then it's 'Strictly'.

Its the synergy hahaha get well soon

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
On the plus side, imagine how great your system will sound when you're better!

(hopefully soon *good* )

With Man-Flu Proper, he will be lucky if he lives long enough to hear his system sounding good again! *biggrin*

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
You could switch on stv and watch some real artists perform on x factor..lol.Hay drummer man at least you'll get a result against Malta....Lithuania will probably beat us.lol.

Well Lithuania are winning after 85 minutes, as a long suffering sassanach I can't help but smile *biggrin*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Condolences. When you think about it, even without a cold it's so easy to change your perception of sound by popping your ears, blowing your nose, or even just swallowing, I sometimes wonder what actually is 'real'. Some days I know for a fact I hear things differently to other days. We probably all do.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
With respect drummerman,and sympathies, you are surely wrong. I have had cold before and the sound has not changed. It must be your imagination. Can you provide links to research done on man flu and perceived sonic differences with your particular set up, that can be replicated? If not then this is just your subjective opinion.
Sorry, couldnt resist, was surfing today, sat outin the water, and had the "subjective" comments going round in my head. I have a cold too btw. Proving hard to shift.

"

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, even dinner was a non-event.

Might just have eaten some cables. Would have probably tasted pretty much the same.

Fubi made an interesting comment though on how even small things such as blowing ones hooter can potentially affect what we hear.

I do wonder how stress or other, more long lasting illnesses affect perception and enjoyment of this hobby.

Me, I had my Strictly fix and am 'appy :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
So for anyone that wants an upgrade. First always decompress for free upgrade.

As someone who's suffered from ETD since my early 30s, that couldn't be more true, especially when I'm trying to evaluate the sound of something, be it a piece of music I'm mixing or a hifi component. Though unfortunately for me it wasn't free. Medicine did nothing for me and the next step suggested by my doctor was invasive treatment. Determined I was having none of that until I'd exhausted every other avenue, I bought one of these instead, the price of which is absolutely scandalous considering it's just a small battery powered air pump. But for me it works, and so it was worth the money. What price does one put on getting one's hearing back when you're like me and creating and listening to music is such a fundamental part of your life?

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Never mind glib comments about cables etc, he has MANFLU

This can be fatal unless the correct treatment is given - rest and sympathy.

Is there a Mrs Drummerman? If so make her read this post and make sure she understands.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Andrewjvt said:
So for anyone that wants an upgrade. First always decompress for free upgrade.

As someone who's suffered from ETD since my early 30s, that couldn't be more true, especially when I'm trying to evaluate the sound of something, be it a piece of music I'm mixing or a hifi component. Though unfortunately for me it wasn't free. Medicine did nothing for me and the next step suggested by my doctor was invasive treatment. Determined I was having none of that until I'd exhausted every other avenue, I bought one of these instead, the price of which is absolutely scandalous considering it's just a small battery powered air pump. But for me it works, and so it was worth the money. What price does one put on getting one's hearing back when you're like me and creating and listening to music is such a fundamental part of your life?

That makes sense but
Dont let any of the power mains conditioner companies see that. They will create an audiophile one next for thousands.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
great comments :) . Total empathy DM, I suffer on what seems a weekly basis with ear issues of some sort. The past few days I can hear my pulse and breathing in my left ear. Without man flu. As someone said your kit will sound amazing soon.

TRENDING THREADS