Comparing my Naim system to a Cyrus system at home...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
krolikgena said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
audiokid said:
The cyrus is a neater set up and a little better value for money longer term, but are hey reliable? I heard they can be glitchy in comparison to the very reliable Naim kit.

The 'glitchy' part is probably down to the initial teething problems that Cyrus had when they designed and produced their own laser mechanisms. With the current 'SE2' models, those issues are solved.

I've done quite a few Cyrus vs Naim demos, and generally I've found that those into electronics music tend to go for Cyrus, and those into music using more real instruments tend to go for the Naim. Both Cyrus and naim deal with the other types of music too, but they seem to shine a little more with the above genres. Having said that, the speaker choice will have an effect on which is preferred by the individual.

Entry level products usually came down on the Naim side, and the more expensive products on the Cyrus side, but as Cyrus have now improved their entry level products, this area is a lot closer.

David, does it mean that Naim is more natural sounding system than Cyrus?

Regards

I have mixed views on Naim and don't like Cyrus.

Psst - the thread is a year old.

krolikgena said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
audiokid said:
The cyrus is a neater set up and a little better value for money longer term, but are hey reliable? I heard they can be glitchy in comparison to the very reliable Naim kit.

The 'glitchy' part is probably down to the initial teething problems that Cyrus had when they designed and produced their own laser mechanisms. With the current 'SE2' models, those issues are solved.

I've done quite a few Cyrus vs Naim demos, and generally I've found that those into electronics music tend to go for Cyrus, and those into music using more real instruments tend to go for the Naim. Both Cyrus and naim deal with the other types of music too, but they seem to shine a little more with the above genres. Having said that, the speaker choice will have an effect on which is preferred by the individual.

Entry level products usually came down on the Naim side, and the more expensive products on the Cyrus side, but as Cyrus have now improved their entry level products, this area is a lot closer.

David, does it mean that Naim is more natural sounding system than Cyrus?

Regards

Duplicate post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts