My Sony CRT dead - insurance replacement

SouthaK

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Afternoon everyone.

In a recent flood, the old SONY 28" 4:3 CRT TV in the spare room was damaged BER (beyond economical repair). My loss adjuster has asked me come up with a cash figure to replace a few BER items including the TV, but I can't find any NEW CRT TVs to offer up to him as a suitable new-for-old replacement.

Anyone suggest anything suitable?

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I'd be surprised if they make you come up with a figure for a CRT as there are so few around now to compare against. A friend of mine only 2 weeks ago made an insurance claim when he 'dropped' his 28" crt tv. His insurance company offered him £350 (though £100 of it was taken up by his policy excess) and have given him vouchers to spend in Currys / Dixons / PC World.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I lost a camera on holiday in a lake in Switzerland. The camera was covered as above, with a new for old policy. It was a Minolta APS camera (film type). Production had ceased on them at the time of the claim so I went to Jessops and asked them what the modern equivalent would be. I then passed their opinion to the insurers who were happy to pay out on their recommendation.

I'd advise a trip to your local Sony dealer and see what the current equivalent in the Sony range is - tell the shop your reasons and ask for their opinion in writing. Pass it to the insurance company and see what they do.

HTH

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts