Many problems Sony 46W4500

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I bought a Bravia 46w380a in China (which is the Chinese model number for 46w4500, although not officially confirmed).

I don't have the flickering problems, but the clouding is very annoying.

When I saw Alper's pictures I thought I saw my own ...

A pity I can't upload the pics to whathifi, otherwise I would post them here. I have to say the problem is diminishing a bit (I have the set now a month or so), especially in the beginning I had these spotlights shining up from the bottom corners (together with the clouds). You don't see this clouds in a shop where there is light from the environment, but in complete darkness (how I normally watch a movie) it is very annoying, even my girlfriend complains (so I am not being geeky).

I mailed Sony China, they said I should take it to a service center. I will do so maybe later, but I am not looking forward explain to them that the picture looks superb when I look at a full color pic (like my desktop, i have a pc connected), but is cloudy in dark scenes in complete darkness. ...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
please refer them to this thread - it'll show them both the pictures and the fact that you're not alone in having one of the cloudy units. Good luck!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Not sure how to start new forum, so can i ask for advice off yourself or anyone who can help.

I have now got a Panasonic Plasma, i must say, i think the overall picture is better than the sony. I think the picture is more natural and of course no clouding, although the Sony was slightly sharper.

My question is, Panasonic give a small amount of advice to avoid screen retention, however, it says when showing a 4.3 image you can brighten the side panels (which are grey) to avoid any retention. My problem is, what about when you are watching a film on Blue Ray and you have the black lines on the bottom and top which are not converted to grey, will there be a chance of retention while watching the film for 2 hours or so?

Hope i made sense, and hope for any advice.

A

Anonymous

Rorschach:

My God nearly 150,000 views!!!!! Had to say it
emotion-2.gif

Thanks, Rorschach.
Indeed.... Really impressive..... Very popular topic!

A

Anonymous

No Sony did nothing to solve the problems. They advised only to change the backlight settings. New name of Sony= Cloudy

That's the big reason why I never will buy a Sony (LCD) product again. I think they lost a lot of customers since they didn't want to solve the clouding problems. I was big fan of Sony, but that's changed now...... I can advise to go for a Samsung instead of Sony, if you want to buy a LCD. Actually I didn't followed this topic for a while and I'm not sure what's the best brand at this time.

A

Anonymous

Well i just got my tv back from the repair shop yesterday and all seemed fine when i turned it on. But when it got to the evening i noticed the backlight bleed is now coming in from the sides. This is crazy, what do i do? Am i making a mountain out of a mole hill or is this problem serious enough that i should take the tv back?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts