my panasonic 50v20 review ...

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

how do you find motion ( with ifc off ) on 50hz material ( standard tv ) mick ?

i got mine in harvey normans waterford btw ..

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:the pioneer krp kuro is the best tv that was ever made ..

BETTER than the mighty
panasonic 50v20 !!
emotion-3.gif

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
do they sell the v20 down here? i got mine in Watters electrical (just above dundalk) i find motion fine.. i've see the line/multiply effect thats mentioned on other forums.. but i think that could be a broadcast issue to be fair.. i couldnt spot it on match of the day over the weekend.. i dont use ifc at all..

Cheers,

mick

maxflinn:

A

Anonymous

micks_address:
do they sell the v20 down here? i got mine in Watters electrical (just above dundalk) i find motion fine.. i've see the line/multiply effect thats mentioned on other forums.. but i think that could be a broadcast issue to be fair.. i couldnt spot it on match of the day over the weekend.. i dont use ifc at all..

Cheers,

mick

maxflinn:

yea , as i said harvey normans have them , but only in 50in i think , but they may get you a 42in should you ask ..

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
does the version in harvey norman come with a FreesatHD tuner built in?

maxflinn:micks_address:

Cheers,

mick

maxflinn:

yea , as i said harvey normans have them , but only in 50in i think , but they may get you a 42in should you ask ..

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Here we go again...

How about a comment from the WHF review team about these reported issues? Did they spot any of these problems? Can they help out their readers who own this TV by trying to get a response from Panasonic?

A

Anonymous

yes mick , the irish v20l , as they are called , do have a hd freesat tuner .. and an mpeg4 didital tuner for rte etc here .,

A

Anonymous

mrb1972:
Andrew Everard:Here we go again...

How about a comment from the WHF review team about these reported issues? Did they spot any of these problems? Can they help out their readers who own this TV by trying to get a response from Panasonic?

well fwiw im not seeking such intervention , im evaluating my tv , so far its only the motion issues i noticed while watching dragons den that have caused me any concern , apart from that i couldnt be happier , ill see if there are other motion related issues , if not then ill probably be quite happy , if i do come across more issues , ill take it up with my retailer (in other words , he,ll be taking it back
emotion-1.gif
)..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
mrb1972:How about a comment from the WHF review team about these reported issues? Did they spot any of these problems? Can they help out their readers who own this TV by trying to get a response from Panasonic?

If we had encountered them, we would have reported them...

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:well fwiw im not seeking such intervention , im evaluating my tv , so far its only the motion issues i noticed while watching dragons den that have caused me any concern , apart from that i couldnt be happier , ill see if there are other motion related issues , if not then ill probably be quite happy , if i do come across more issues , ill take it up with my retailer (in other words , he,ll be taking it back
emotion-1.gif
)..

yeah he will take it back and probably charge you a nice little restocking fee too
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

mrb1972:
maxflinn:well fwiw im not seeking such intervention , im evaluating my tv , so far its only the motion issues i noticed while watching dragons den that have caused me any concern , apart from that i couldnt be happier , ill see if there are other motion related issues , if not then ill probably be quite happy , if i do come across more issues , ill take it up with my retailer (in other words , he,ll be taking it back
emotion-1.gif
)..

yeah he will take it back and probably charge you a nice little restocking fee too
emotion-1.gif

in his dereams
emotion-5.gif

anyways , its far from that right now , im evaluating
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

just thought id mention , i had not really tried the ifc on my tv until last night , ok i had a look at it when checking at a few blu-rays just after getting the tv , called 24p smooth , and its not good , it makes the images look like they were filmed with a cheap video camera .

now this isnt a problem because with this turned off for blu-rays the motion is fine , but , it seems that to avoid the motion glitches i found while watching dragons den , i need ifc turned on , and im afraid to say that its not good , its certainly more false looking than it was on my g10 , i watched a dvd earlier , and it looked pants with ifc on .. this aint looking good folks
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
just thought id mention , i had not really tried the ifc on my tv until last night , ok i had a look at it when checking at a few blu-rays just after getting the tv , called 24p smooth , and its not good , it makes the images look like they were filmed with a cheap video camera .

now this isnt a problem because with this turned off for blu-rays the motion is fine , but , it seems that to avoid the motion glitches i found while watching dragons den , i need ifc turned on , and im afraid to say that its not good , its certainly more false looking than it was on my g10 , i watched a dvd earlier , and it looked pants with ifc on .. this aint looking good folks
emotion-8.gif

Sounds like your discovering the 50hz problem that many owners seem to be reporting but none of the reviewers seem to spot it

how did your dvd look with IFC off?

A

Anonymous

mrb1972:maxflinn:

emotion-8.gif

Sounds like your discovering the 50hz problem that many owners seem to be reporting but none of the reviewers seem to spot it

how did your dvd look with IFC off?

well to be fair mr b , whfi have yet to review a v20 , their review of the vt20 mentioned excellent motion , but seeing as the performance of the v20 is very slightly different , and , individual v20s seem to have differing issues , its hard for anyone to know what to expect ..

i found the dvd fine with ifc off to be honest , apart from one or two panning shots , which looked better with ifc on , perhaps ill have to live with this tvs minor faults , i dont know what else i could buy that would be better really , probably nothing
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

ear:so..one more time we come to conclude that there is no perfect tv today?well no , not with sd anyway , because of this apparent/alledged 50hz motion issue , but for blu-ray playback , this tv is simply brilliant , it really is ..

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:well to be fair mr b , whfi have yet to review a v20 , their review of the vt20 mentioned excellent motion , but seeing as the performance of the v20 is very slightly different , and , individual v20s seem to have differing issues , its hard for anyone to know what to expect ..
i found the dvd fine with ifc off to be honest , apart from one or two panning shots , which looked better with ifc on , perhaps ill have to live with this tvs minor faults , i dont know what else i could buy that would be better really , probably nothing
emotion-40.gif

The VT20 seems to have the same issues, but again seems a bit random from user to user. Saying all that I still think I will get one and see for myself as there isnt much else around apart from the megabucks sony hx903, if the VT20 is that bad I will return it

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Well we've got some time with Panasonic out here at IFA - doubt we'll have much of a chance to interrogate them today (big press conference for them later) but will pursue tomorrow and let you know.

thanks clare
emotion-21.gif

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
HI Claire,

Any sign of the 42Vt20 there with pricing/release dates for UK? Will it come with 2 glasses included etc? Could you also mention 'floating blacks' on the 2010 series to see if it gets any reaction?

Thanks,

Michael

Clare Newsome:

Well we've got some time with Panasonic out here at IFA - doubt we'll have much of a chance to interrogate them today (big press conference for them later) but will pursue tomorrow and let you know.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
In terms of pic quality, 3D aside, what are differences 'tween V20 and VT20?

A dealer just told me that apart from the VT's 3D and some phosphorus-motion-do-dah, the V20 and VT20 share the same panel.

True or false?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts