my living room system

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought I'd add some pictures of my TV/hifi set up on here before it changes (I feel a bout of upgraditis coming on...), starting with the rack:

imagejpg2_zps15601cc1.jpg

Top to bottom is an Audiolab 8200CDQ (pre-amp), Marantz NA7004, PM-KI Pearl Lite (power amp mode), NR1504 and UD5007 (for DVD/Blu-ray), sitting in a Blok Stax 400 rack. I'm planning on decoupling the Pearl Lite and NA7004 for a second system, and getting a dedicated power amp in its place here. The AV receiver is largely redundant, it only gets used as a HDMI switcher for Blu-rays & PS3, which isn't that often nowadays. I'll be moving it on at some point but its useful for the time being and probably isn't worth that much second hand.

Here's the view from the listening position:

imagejpg4_zps91869e4c.jpg

I don't have much space to play with in terms of speaker positioning, there's a fireplace just out of shot to the left speaker. The TV is a 46" Sony W905 I got recently and it's fantastic. Could have gone a bit bigger, but this Sony ticked all the boxes and I have no regrets for £900.

I've had the Monitor Audio RS6's for a good few years and despite having 2 young children, they have somehow remained in immaculate condition. I must have them well trained, although the covers only come off when they're asleep! *stop*

imagejpg5_zpsf95bafd5.jpg

The speakers look a little bit dated, compared to the latest models, but it’s a look I can live with. Although it looks worse in the photo, it annoys me that two shades of walnut can be so different....In a different light;

IMG_2450_zpscb01352b.jpg

The speakers are wired up with Chord Odyssey 2 cables & jumpers:

imagejpg6_zps00eae2ce.jpg

The set up in context with the rest of the room (sorry really poor photo):

imagejpg3_zps0ebf4510.jpg

Looking the other way, you can just about see the iMac on the sideboard which streams mostly ALAC files over Airplay to the network player, and most of the music collection is down that end as well:

imagejpg1_zpsaca2b7e1.jpg

The Blok rack and TV unit do a decent job of concealing the cables luckily - there's a lot going on behind both with the phone and router on top and the Playstation inside the unit in addition to everything else.

imagejpg1_zpse709378a.jpg

Interconnects are mostly from Chord; Chameleon (power amp), Cobra (HT bypass) & Codac (network player), plus a budget optical connection from the Sky box into the CDQ. There's a Tacima mains block standing upright in the corner, probably not ideal. I could really do with tidying up behind there but there's always better things to do. *music2*

The PS3 is neatly slotted away in the unit which has a handy slide out draw:

imagejpg1_zpsdfbe29d3.jpg

Anyway, if/when I get around to upgrading I will follow up...

D

Deleted member 2457

Very cool! You did well to upload all those pictures. *smile*

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Very nice loving the DVD rack, parkay flooring and the BLOK stand. *yahoo*

thanks Simon, i see you are a Blok user too!

That was my best bargain to date, got a stax 300 off ebay for £140, it got damaged in transit but luckily because of its symetrical layout the damaged bits are all at the back. I got a full refund though and bought the additional shelf to make it a 400 - £150 in total then, the 400's cost £800 new i think.

The CD/DVD towers are just a bunch of Ikea Benno's, cheap but cheerful

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts