My dilema:- Sony STR-DA2400ES or Yamaha DSP-AX863SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm fairly new to Home Cinema,but at the moment I have an old Sony STR-DE597 which encodes Dolby digital EX/DTS-ES/DPL II/DTS 96/24 amp.

Ive just purchased my choice of BD player (Panasonic DMP-BD35) so as you can see I'm on a tight budget,but I want to make the most out of High Def and have come to a sticking point as to which Receiver to go for.

Both offer what I'm after the most in a receiver but the Sony does offer slightly more inputs and is cheaper than the Yamaha,As I have a Pioneer SACD,XBOX 360,Sony Mini Disc,Toshiba DVD recorder (also upgrading my TV) all to hook up to the receiver.

Ive also noticed not many retailers dont have the Sony in stock,is this a ploy as theyre about to up the RRP to over £500,Ive beleive the stock is arriving at the start of June.

Any advice is welcome,or is their another amp Ive missed.

I want something that decodes all HD audio and must have upscaling/upconversion on board.

Lee,Manchester

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the advice,but as suspected its not in stock.

Its actually gone up to £428.18 and will take 1 to 3 months for delivery.

I may stick with Sony,as the STR-DA2400ES was my first choice.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
It might be worth placing the order anyway. The same thing happened to me but within a day of placing the order I received a notification stating that it would be shipped out in a couple of days.

A

Anonymous

Ive just found another candidate I might consider.

The new Sony STR-DH800.

Its the replacement for the STR-DG820 which scored a five star rating,but the 820 dosnt have Hi Def sound and upconversion hence I was going for the two mentioned.

I dont know if the DH800 has upconversion as its not stated,I presuming it dosnt at £330 which is a shame as this is the missing link for me.

Hopefully a review may appear on here soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts