Musical Fidelity service and repair?

Kevin Stephens

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
My A3.5 CD player has developed a fault a couple of months outside Warranty. The transport randomly jumps to the end of the album. The dealer are going to have a look at it, if they can't repair it they will send it back to MF.

Has anybody got experience of Musical Fidelity's turn around time and repair costs?

Thanks

Kevin

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
How long was the warranty with the Musical Fidelity CD player? Was it just a year?

If so, (I'm no expert in the law, and I'm not sure if this applies to electronic goods) they may repair it free of charge. The law states that goods must last a reasonable amount of time and that even if it breakes down after 12 months, you can take it back to the place of purchase and the shop then will either other to repair it FOC or offer you what they consider to be market value for i. My washing machine broke down after 14 months, and the supermarker I bought it from offered me money, which covered the cost of the repair.

Or, If you bought the CD player from a BADA dealer, I believe they automatically offer you a 3 year warrenty.

Or, Ask dealer to pull some strings with MF to offer a FOC repair.

Or, check their website, the fine tunning upgrades, which for CD players, may include transport service, will give you an idea of cost.

Kevin Stephens

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I only had a 12 month warrenty because the CD player was ex demo. However Doug Brady were pleased to repair it free of charge for me, also Musical Fidelity were quite helpful to the dealer too
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Kevin Stephens:

My A3.5 CD player has developed a fault a couple of months outside Warranty. The transport randomly jumps to the end of the album. The dealer are going to have a look at it, if they can't repair it they will send it back to MF.

Has anybody got experience of Musical Fidelity's turn around time and repair costs?

Thanks

Kevin

I bought a MF xray V3 and that unfortunatly compleatly went bang one evening half way through a cd and it was 3 months out of warrenty i contacted MF and they asked me to send it to them, unfortunatly the player was beyond repair. they had just launched the xray v8 and had disscontinued the v3. all was not lost as the head enginer at MF phoned me up and said due to them only having spare parts he would personally build me a new player, the only parts to be reused were the case.. he was really supprised at what had happend with the cd player and could not apologise enough.so maybe you should contact MF and see what they say as i found their customer care superb
emotion-2.gif

The only thing i would say about MF is that whilst the customer care seems good, i dont think the overall quality is very high, the cd player sounded superb but within 5 years of owning the MF V3 cd player i had one built for me as replacement and also a local dealer fitted 3 new transport/laser mechs..... not something you expect, i personaly would never buy MF products again, even though i love the sound , they are just to unreliable in my opinion.

also forgot to add i sold the cd player to a friend and within a month he had to have a new laser fitted also, really not good enough!
emotion-6.gif

Kevin Stephens

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear you bad luck. I bought my MFA3.5 amp last year as an upgrade replacement form my original MF Elektra E100 amp which was still going strong after nearly 20 Years. I'm still enoying the MF tuner I bought at the same time

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Kevin Stephens:

Thanks

Kevin

Hi

The best bet is to talk to nano at HomescapeAV as he has a strong connection with Musical Fidelity (as far as I know)

http://www.homescapeav.co.uk/index2.html

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Kevin Stephens:

Thaiman and Blackmetal

Read my second post, problem now sorted quickly and free by dealer with support from MF

Good old British company, can't go too far wrong.
emotion-21.gif

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
To balance this out a bit, I own a MF A3 CD player since 2001/2002 and its still going strong and I have had no problems with it.

AlI firm's have problems occasionally, there are equally as many people who have had trouble with the new cyrus SE drives, so I dont think its completly fair to single out MF.

What ever the reason, at least these companies offer a good after care service, if and when things go wrong

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts