Music Fidelity M1DAC + V-Link?

reickmey

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm planning on using the M1DAC to play music from my computer.

So I've seen reviews where DAC's like REGA which are not asynchronous require an intermediate DAC...such as the V-Link...to produce better sound by using the asynchronous USB connection.

FYI: (With asynchrony, the receiving device instructs the computer to provide data (via its USB output) at whatever rate it has been stored on the computer disc.)

So, my question is..if the MF M1DAC already is asynchronous then do I still need my V-Link?..or can I simply sell it?

Is there any reason to keep the V-Link at all?

Here is the review I am referring to:

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/blog/arcam-rdac-kw-versus-musical-fidelity-m1-dac-musical-fidelity-v-link-usb-spdif-convertor-review/

Keep in mind I'm totally ok with 24bit at 96kHZ.

reickmey

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just purchased the M1Dac...but I have the V-link from awhile back...just wondering if there is any benefit/detriment of keeping it.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
reickmey said:
So, my question is..if the MF M1DAC already is asynchronous then do I still need my V-Link?..or can I simply sell it?

The M1DAC is asynchronous so I see no reason to keep the V-link.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
reickmey said:
Hey All,

I'm planning on using the M1DAC to play music from my computer.

So I've seen reviews where DAC's like REGA which are not asynchronous require an intermediate DAC...such as the V-Link...to produce better sound by using the asynchronous USB connection.

FYI: (With asynchrony, the receiving device instructs the computer to provide data (via its USB output) at whatever rate it has been stored on the computer disc.)

Is there any reason to keep the V-Link at all?

Here is the review I am referring to:

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/blog/arcam-rdac-kw-versus-musical-fidelity-m1-dac-musical-fidelity-v-link-usb-spdif-convertor-review/

Keep in mind I'm totally ok with 24bit at 96kHZ.

That review was of the first M1, which wasn't asynchronous (I spoke to the person who wrote it just after he'd done it). So you can sell your V-link, it is redundant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts