Multiple inputs on Q Acoustics TV2

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I hope I've put this in the right forum - it was a toss between HC and TV... Anyway, amongst other ideas i'm thinking of getting a Q Acoustics TV2, as it might be the ideal solution to meet my needs. It's fitted with RCA, minijack and optical in, and one auxilliary minijack, IIRC. However I've read that only one of the 'main' inputs should be connected at one time, but it would be useful (i think) to have more than one input source (or more than 2, as I'd use the auxilliary). Has anyone tried it or perhaps offer advice on why/why not this could be done safely?

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for considering the Q-TV2.

I'm pleased to confirm you can connect multiple sources to it, all at once with no problem.

One of the (many
smiley-wink.gif
) genious aspects of Q-TV is that it only has one input - but four ways to access it. That means whatever is played into your TV will always be sent from the TV to your Q-TV as well.

However you can also, for example, connect an iPod to another input at the same time. If you play both the TV and the iPod, you'll hear them both at the same time, which is likely to sound pretty awful. How you overcome this dilemma? Simply mute/pause/switch off one of the sources. If only one is playing, that's all you'll hear.

"Simples" to paraphrase a Meerkat
smiley-smile.gif

Very best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armourhome (Q Acoustics)

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Steve for clarifying this to me. QTV2 now seems to meet my needs, so it'll be off the John Lewis for a good listen (I've only heard the QTV" briefly there before)...

TRENDING THREADS