Motion - Blu-Ray 24fps or would you prefer optimised 50/60fps as DVD?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Every glance at the forums seems to show a post discussing motion with blu-ray, fast pans, rapid movement etc.

24fps was pretty much forced based on 'superior motion, as the Director intended, and true to the original'. but the amount of motion concerns on these forums suggests something otherwise.

Could it simply be we have all got too used to seeing more fps as in DVD and Video games?

With my non frame interpolation projector i do indeed prefer the motion from DVD, with my 100htz tv there is much less in it.

BD Disc capacity withstanding i would love to see a 50fps version as with DVD, the transfer will have been completed for the DVD version so already half way there.

Anybody else tried the comparison?

What would you like to see?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Dvds running at 50hz or 60Hz have simply been converted from the 24Hz source. This in itself brings many problems

Personally I want a new recording standard of at LEAST 100Hz

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Like the sound of that!

What a difference that would make. 100hz TV tech has been around for years, and with digital video now common place.

SIGN ME UP.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
The problem is the storage medium

Blurays can techically store such sizes (4 X what the average file sizes are now), but theyre not going to be cheap

They believe downloading is going to be the future, but im my experience, downloading an 80Gb file isnt going to be fun (not to mention you wouldnt be able to fit many on a terrabyte drive, which I personally dont even own)

Personally I like to keep my films on something physical (Same with cds etc). Music and films seem devalued to me when theyre sat on hardrives

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts