What would you prefer?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have put this in the Home Cinema thread as I wanted to reach as many of you as possible.

Here it goes.

With the announcement of the 4K Blu-Ray specs. What would you prefer?

1. To buy a new 4K BD player and start a 4K BD collection and slowly swap your other 2K BDs for the 4K version when it comes out and fight over yet more "ultimate, uber, special awesome edition" of yet another Alien box set, Matrix, Blade Runner, Tron and so on releases?

2. To buy a Red-Ray HDD player where you carry on buying BDs as normal but get an uncompressed 4K sound & Picture) download like we get Ultrviolet. Then if the industry can decide on a way that for example: If you already have the BD you can add the 4K version to your collection for a rock bottom price without having to buy a physical product? You carry on colleting your favourite movies, documentaries and concerts but the second hand market doesn't get flodded with unwanted BDs?

Granted the number 2 option requiers you to basically have 2 players. Your BD player and the 4K Red-Ray player. In time you'd get Red-Ray players with a BD player combined like the VHS/DVD recorders just not for recording perposes or transfering one format to the other.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer and the BD player industry will likely have pushed for the 4K BD player to keep it in business instead of teaming up with any 4K HDD companies to create their own version.

What would you prefer?

GP

Paul.

I'm not convined red Ray is really designed for the living room. Red sell cameras, they want to sell projectors, they want an end to end solution for indie film makes to produce and self distribute films.

i don't think it's going to be cheaper for mainstream 4k than Amazon instant or Sony for instance. The movie studios have nothing to gain buy subsidizing film costs for bluray owners? I couldn't find any film prices for red Ray and they announced the thing in 2012.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts