Mordaunt Short surround speaker advice sought !!!

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

I currently use Mordaunt Short 902`s as fronts , 302`s as back surrounds and a 304c centre with a Monitor Audio rsw12 sub, powered by a Sony Str-da5200es amp. My question is, "Is it worth changing the centre to a 905c", will I notice a substantial difference ? and also "can" the 905 be sited vertically instead of horizontally ?, what difference would it make to the sound ? as my a.v. stands centre speaker aperture is just wide enough to accept the 304c , but will accept the 905 sited vertically.

I could sit the 905 on top of my a.v. stand in front of my screen, but i would like to keep it in the stand just below the screen if that is possible.

My lounge is approx 6m X 4m and i sit about 3m from the screen.

Any thoughts guys.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

camac:Anybody have any opinions

I would advise against siting vertically as this is against the design

You might find problems with sound panning left to right

As for improvement on your existing centre i'm not qualified to give an opinion

A

Anonymous

I used to have a '302' then a '905c' then the 'i' version and now i have the 'Mordaunt Short MS 402' from the genie package which i would recommend as an option for you as not only is it pleasing to the eye and not cumbersome but it sounds better than the '302' and for me works perfectly in my set-up as i think the '905' was a bit to big in size and sound for my room anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts