Monitor Audio Subwoofer BRW10

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone offer advice.

Approx 2 years ago I purchased the KEF2005.3 Surround System with the KUBE 2 Sub. This has just decided to pack up.

I understand it is now out of guarantee and will cost approx £120 to repair. As an alternative I have an option to puchase an ex display Monitor Audio BRW10 for £239. They assure me it is a better sub.

Can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks.

Steve

Loewe Individual Selection 40 TV, Onkyo 606 amp, Kef 2005.3 satelites, Pioneer BDP51 Bluray, Sony PS3 and Sky HD

A

Anonymous

its not bad , probably better than the kef sub , but the rsw12 is much better , 500watts , can be found now for around £350 i believe , if your budget can allow , its worth the money imo ..

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
StephenM,

I'm astounded by the sheer number of these faulty KEF subs that end up on E-Bay. I think KEF has the worst reliability record for it's sub!

The MA RSW12 (in silver) - a SUPREME sub, btw, used to be available for £299.00, but these are no longer available now from Peter Tyson. Those who bought it at this price got one hell of a bargain. These were £750.00 new.

The black ones are going for much more now. Have you considered a B&W ASW608? There are three on E-Bay now with a BIN/Best Offer deal, so you might well grab a deal.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll just see if KEF carry out repair first under guarantee. I may need to argue!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit that Audio T in Reading Berks replaced amp in my Kef sub 3times!! However the 1st&2nd time was under warranty as they gave me 5yr warranty and the 3rd time they replaced amp they charged me only £20. However I purchased these back in 2002. Still going strong.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
StephenM,

Alternatively, if the repair does not work out, you can opt for the KEFHTB2SE that comes with the 3005SE system.

This is an improvement over the Kube 2 and from what I'm led to believe, also a lot more reliable!

There is one on E-Bay for £330.00 (BIN/Best Offer) - 110570825734.

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts