Subwoofer for Monitor Audio setup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

scene

Well I emailed BKelec last night about which of their Subs was suitable for my room (6.35x5.8m, 2.35m high) and they replied first thing this morning - excellent (prospective) customer service!
emotion-21.gif

To quote:

"You have quite a large room and you are going to need a large subwoofer to fill it. This narrows the choice to either the XXLS400-DF or Monolith-DF. As size is a concern, the XXLS400 seems to be the main contender"

(I should point out that I stated that I was only interested in the down-firers, because of my concerns about child-related damage...)

Well, now all I have to do is persuade Mrs. S...

Question to any Monolith or XXLS400 users: Can you use the Sub as a sort of side table - i.e. can you put a lamp on it?

scene

Well believe it or not, Mrs. S isn't adverse to the Monolith
emotion-3.gif
on the condition that "it can be used as a coffee table" So can it, can I put a lamp on it, a mat and a cup?
emotion-44.gif
Or will that end in tears, or a coffee stain on the carpet?

That's the good news. The bad news, is that Mrs. S has remembered that the sale of my Kef eggs was to fund the rxfx. So now I may well have persuaded her the monolith is the one for us, but I can't afford it
emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts