Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12 or New KEF Q Speakers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

grdunn123:

Are you from the west country by any chance Gel??
emotion-2.gif

I did go to school and the first year in college in Birmingham, my family are all from Sufflolk/Norfolk way though.

Me, i have lived in the south east area quite alot too.

Hence probaly why the mix.
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Pistol Pete1:gel:

You have got this months mag haven't you mate? lots on them in there the monitor audio package
emotion-21.gif

That seems to be the speaker package to own right now.

No review/group test of either in the latest mag, Gel.......

You been drinking again????
emotion-22.gif
Or just celebrating that Pioneer are producing some good receivers at the moment?
emotion-19.gif

They are certainly are doing well
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

No i was thinking more system builders
emotion-21.gif

Good luck with it all though.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Aren't wives great.......
emotion-5.gif

When showing pictures of the three speaker systems in the 'running', I'm told the following:

Monitor Audio RX6....'All I can see it that huge thing at the bottom. Is the picture out of proportion?'

B&W 684......'Don't like a grill that goes to the bottom of the speaker.'

KEF Q500....'Another grill that goes to the bottom...and another set of spikey things sticking out.'

You just can't win......think I'll go to the demo alone....
emotion-4.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:You just can't win......think I'll go to the demo alone....
emotion-4.gif
Lol
emotion-1.gif

It might be worth showing them to her in the flesh - many speakers tend to look much better when you see them compared to their pics.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel:grdunn123:

Are you from the west country by any chance Gel??
emotion-2.gif

I did go to school and the first year in college in Birmingham, my family are all from Sufflolk/Norfolk way though.

Me, i have lived in the south east area quite alot too.

Hence probaly why the mix.
emotion-1.gif

But just to clarify, yes i do have quite a strong Brummie accent.

I don't have a norfolk or suffolk accent in the slighest though, i have never lived there.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:Shame, we're about half an hour or so away!I've not heard the new Q's on the SCLX receivers at the moment, but I'll put it on my list of stuff to test out for forum members - hopefully tomorrow/Tuesday - I'll be intruiged myself, as it could be an extremely strong combination....

The suspense is killing me.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hey, if business is good, that's no bad thing....

Just a thought.....how would the AE Radiance 2's and centre match up to the RX6's, Kef Q's and B&W 684's and their specific centre's?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We've not really had many people ask about it. We got the Neo V2 range in to see f we could get people interested in that range, but no takers unfortunately. Shame really, as it's every bit as good as the Monitor Audio BR/BX range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts