Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 v Silver RX6 v KEF 3005SE

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I have narrowed down my speaker search to the above 3 packages for a 50/50 mix of movies and music powered by my Onkyo TR-609.

I will audition of course but was wondering whether a novice like me will be really able to hear the difference between the smaller KEF eggs or the larger MA's? Also, are the RX6's a huge improvement over the smaller BX2's?I listen to a lot of music through spotify and movies from a 46inch Samsung.

Paul.

I think I can help... I have an Onkyo 805 with MA BR5's up front. My Dad has an Onkyo 808 with Kef 3005 +2 extra eggs to make 7.1. On movies, its pretty even. My speakers are set to full band and I think have a mch more impressive front soundstage, but due to room size and uniform speakers blending so well together, I think my Dads system system slightly pips my system for Video.

For music however, its really no contest. I would expect the BX to be signinficantly better than the Kef eggs. If you are 50-50 music and video, I would definately go for the BX.

Cant comment on the RX v BX.

Muzza said:
Hi

I have narrowed down my speaker search to the above 3 packages for a 50/50 mix of movies and music powered by my Onkyo TR-609.

I will audition of course but was wondering whether a novice like me will be really able to hear the difference between the smaller KEF eggs or the larger MA's? Also, are the RX6's a huge improvement over the smaller BX2's?I listen to a lot of music through spotify and movies from a 46inch Samsung.

Hi Muzza

I see no reason why you wouldn't hear the differences betwen the three speakers :) Btw, as good as the BX2's are the Silver RX6's are improve on their qualities by a considerable margin in pretty much every area and are worth every penny of their premium :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have BX2s at the front & centre and Eggs at the rear and used to have the eggs all round

Musically, the MAs trounce the eggs. For movies, I found the MAs also offered a big step up. Bass was much tighter, mids were better and vodals were MUCH clearer.

A

Anonymous

Between those three the RX6 would be my choice. But I may be a bit biased having MA RX speakers as well

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sadly last night I was watching Tron on my old B&W 601's to test them out and the neighbour complained it was too loud!! So going to have to tone down the size I think to something small but nice sounding, maybe the KEF 2005/3005 or even the Canton Movie MX 125 , which I assume will be a step down from the eggs musically?

Unless there are any other suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts