Q-Acoustics Concept20 V MA Bronze BX2

Simsey33

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I have mad my MA Bronze BX's 2's for a couple of years now and think its time for a change.

They sit on Dynaudio 3X stands and are fed from a Rega P3-24 (Ortofon 2M Blue), and Marantz CD6003 going through a Marantz PM7003 amp (cables are Chord Carnival silver screen).
Its not that I'm particularly unhappy with the sound its just that I think theres more to be heard from my system that the speakers aren't letting me hear (this is on top of a desire fora bit more bass) so I'm looking for a decent upgrade.

I guess firstly I need to ask if you think I'm right in assuming that the speakers are the weak link in this setup and the first thing to change?
Or would you think theres some other changes I could make first to see if I can extract more from them?

Otherwise my search has me starting with the Concept 20's. Has anyone demoed these speakers? Are they actually better (more insightful and with more Bass) than the BX2's?

If not Ithen I hae a budget that will extend to B&W's CM5's. I have heard these speakers and love them but havent seriously considered buying them yet as I havent heard them on the other end of 'my' amp.

Anyway, all coments and suggestions are greatly welcomed before I begin demoing speakers this wknd
Cheers all

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a bit of a sideways step, so I'm not sure there'd be such a huge improvement. Less bass, or at least worse bass extension.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I think the Concept 20 will be a great improvement.

I know the BX2 speakers very well.............I had a pair in the past.................very good speakers. I now have the Q Acoustics 2020i speakers and they are much better than the BX2 IMO. Better bass (tighter and more articulate), more detail and the overall sound is more 'lush' and 'airy', they sound like expensive speakers.

But why not listen to the 2020i or Concept 20 speakers for yourself ? That's the easy way to find out before you part with your cash ;)

Simsey33

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Cypher said:
I think the Concept 20 will be a great improvement.

I know the BX2 speakers very well.............I had a pair in the past.................very good speakers. I now have the Q Acoustics 2020i speakers and they are much better than the BX2 IMO. Better bass (tighter and more articulate), more detail and the overall sound is more 'lush' and 'airy', they sound like expensive speakers.

But why not listen to the 2020i or Concept 20 speakers for yourself ? That's the easy way to find out before you part with your cash ;)

Interesting, thats good to hear. What Amp do you use? I know that some units can kind of 'enhance each others performance'. I'm hoping to find the ones that can squeeze every last drop from the Marantz and from my turntable. I will definitely check out the Concept 20's and possibly the 2020i's before checking the more expensive B&W's.

Cheers

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
How about trying the Dali Zensor 3s they get some good reviews and are only £300, plenty of bass to, not a great fan of the cheaper B&Ws like the CM1s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts