Monitor Audio Bronze or KEF Q100 5.1

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Have just listened to both the above speaker setups and can't make my mind up!

Liked the Monitor Audio BX2's along with the BX Centre but preferred sound using two pairs of BX2's instead of the BXFX dipoles for the rears (anybody else feel like this? - sounded more 'focused')

The KEF's on the other hand (Q100 & Q200c Centre) had the edge but not by much and of course are more expensive!

Would be using along with either REL T7 or BK xxls400 sub and Yamaha RX-A2010 AVR.

Anybody on here using either of the above speaker setups that has any advice?

Thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You could also look at the outgoing Monitor Audio RX range, which wouldn't come in much above the Bronze package price (depending on the finish you prefer). A more refined speaker with a much better finish.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Will you be using this system for both music and HC? If using for both I would recommend you get the best sounding front speakers for music that match with your amp, and then build from there.

I have the BX2's, centre and BXFX's along with a BK XXLS400. I also have a separate hifi which I am happy with for music (for now at least). So I went for the Bronze range because that was the most I could afford and becasue the wall-mounted BXFX's suited my room (I could not easily accomodate surround or rear speakers on stands). Personally I think the Bronze range are well made for the money. They work very well in my room which is 5m x 4m. The BK sub is lovely, great for music and films.

My BXFX's are wall-mounted as surrounds (either side of my seating position) about 1.5m off the floor - they produce either various effects or what I would describe as a dispersed or background sound. With films the main music and voices come from the fronts and centre speaker.

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Will be using the system for both movies and music and am probably more of a music fan than movies and as such feel the KEF's are a better bet with music, although the Monitor Audio's are pretty good. Don't have the option to wall mount the BXFX dipoles (just had walls replastered) and felt using a second pair of BX2's did give more focus to the rear. Have been very impressed with the BK sub that a friend has in his system so that's more than likely the one I'll be going for.

Thanks guys for your replies.

TRENDING THREADS