monitor audio rx6av12 or monitor audio apex 5.1?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
:) hi what would people recommend either the monitor audio apex package but using a b&w pv1d sub instead of the aw12 or monitor audio rx6 av12 package what would give the better sound scale and bass and speed i want to use it for 50% movies 30% music 20% games need help asap please :roll:

spr1ggsy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This type of query has always flummoxed me. How the hell can another persons ear tell you what you would or would not prefer?

THERE IS NO CORRECT WAY FOR THINGS TO SOUND LIKE : IF SO EVERY HIFI OR av SYSTEM WOULD SOUND THE SAME!

The only way is to actually listen to the stuff yourself from a local reputable dealer and make up your OWN mind.

It requires effort and a bit of time but in the end its worth it. You wouldnt buy a car without test driving it or recommend a curry without tasting it first would you?

The main problem is that independant hifi stores are closing down left right and centre due to people not supporting them and blindly buying whatever "gets 5 stars" at the best price they can find on the internet.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
With a 5009, you'll get a fuller sound, better scale, and higher volume levels from the RX package, but the smaller Apex package will be more 'manageable' in a room as far as the sound is concerned.

Between those two packages, the Apex will be more suited to movies and gaming as far as detail and speed is concerned, and the RX package more suited to music. You could combine the strong points of both and go for something like the RX1's or RX2's all round and make a package based around those.

It will depend on how you like your sub bass too - the PV1D is excellent for being more subtle and tighter with good speed, but it won't have the depth and scale of a larger, more capable subwoofer.

markyboy156 said:
:) hi what would people recommend either the monitor audio apex package but using a b&w pv1d sub instead of the aw12

Why not the AW12 subwoofer? It's absolutely brilliant, & was better than the PV1 subwoofer when I demoed. I can't comment on the PV1D as I haven't done a head to head comparison. Don't write it off without a proper demo.

michael hoy

bigboss said:
markyboy156 said:
:) hi what would people recommend either the monitor audio apex package but using a b&w pv1d sub instead of the aw12

Why not the AW12 subwoofer? It's absolutely brilliant, & was better than the PV1 subwoofer when I demoed. I can't comment on the PV1D as I haven't done a head to head comparison. Don't write it off without a proper demo.

+1 on the AW12.

TRENDING THREADS