monitor audio platinum pl300

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
If you are buying £5k worth of speakers then your dealer will stack every electronics that he stock for you to try!

I haven't heard the pl300 and I have to say they are not interest me. If I gonna spend that much on speakers again I would go for Kharma Ceramique CE 1.2 or Neat MF7.

Good luck

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
I haven't heard the pl300 and I have to say they are not interest me. If I gonna spend that much on speakers again I would go for Kharma Ceramique CE 1.2 or Neat MF7.

Good luck
[/quote]

Oh man.....there have been times I dreamt about them! Kharma Exquisite Reference - Real piece of art! Someday for sure..I WILL.

A

Anonymous

Just read the What Hi*Fi review - they look great. I have the GS60's now, and am seriously thinking about the B&W 802D's. I am, however, wanting to hear the pl300's first. judging from the review they should be a serious contender - and less money.

A

Anonymous

I would suggest you check out how they pair with some krell gear

A

Anonymous

Hi Thaiman

You should give the pl300 a listen, the sound that is produced by the pl300 is very crispy and detailed and have a lot of bass when you need it most. I would recomend using a leema tucana or musical fidelty m6i , Cable I would recomend chord company oddsey.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Anything with plenty of grunt behind it. They're not overly hard to drive, but speakers like this just get beter and better the more watts you throw at them. You'd need to try with specific electronics to see how they pair up as far as synergy is concerned. We've used Naim, Bryston, Cyrus and ATC amplification, and all have worked well.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
PranjithPras:

Hi Thaiman

... I would recomend using a leema tucana or musical fidelty m6i , Cable I would recomend chord company oddsey.

I have feeling he has long progressed passed your suggestions. He probably used equipment like that while still suckling in a pram.

This doesn't mean I agree with dismissing something not heard ...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:I have feeling he has long progressed passed your suggestions. He probably used equipment like that while still suckling in a pram.

One of the problems when threads rise from the dead - especially those involving Thailand's answer to Al Murray, who changes his equipment alarmingly frequently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts