Monitor audio br5 vs monitor audio radius

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi

Looking at the MAs i like the radius vs br5. I wonder if you if any of you can help i like monitor audios but im looking at 2 of there systems the br5s sounds gr8 tho i have not yet heard the radius system. i do prefer the radius as it would look better when fitted in my cinema room but i wonder how good the system is compared to the BR5.

please help

A

Anonymous

The BR5s will beat the hell out of the Radius system... I almost can't believe you asked ;-)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tom83cat"]I almost can't believe you asked ;-)[/quote]

No need for that - perfectly valid question! However, you are right by saying the BR5 package would be a sonic cut above its Radius sibling, for movies and especially music.

Both are superb packages in their own class, but you're paying a style premium/making a sonic compromise if you go for the smaller, sub/sat system.

A

Anonymous

I was only joking Clare, hence the ;-) I would have used a proper smiley face but the site won't let me use advanced settings

A

Anonymous

Hi Tomcat or Clare ,

Can I grab an opinion from you. I have a choice, I like the Monitor Audio BR2 system (I already have BR2s for HIfi) but I could get the Canton CD102 which is a small but decent quality satelitte system RRP £500. What sort of difference would I expect from having the BR2 system over the Cantons, only point being is that I can get all the speakers now but would need to add a sub later?

My room is 5 metres by 4 metres

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The BR2s will have a lot more presence. I think you would be disappointed in what you got out of the cantons after listening to the BR2s. Do you plan to incorporate your existing BR2s into a home cinema system? If so, there is no point wasting money on a 5.1 package only to get rid of two of the speakers. Also, it is better not to mix and match surround speaker brands unless you have tried and tested them and like the sound. If you are after smaller surrounds, consider the radius range, but they still won't be a patch on the traditional speaker packages.

A

Anonymous

Hi Tom,

I must admit I am a fan of musical book shelf speakers so decided to incorporate my BR2s into my AV system, using them for front left and right, plus for the money the BR2s are superb sounding.

I read a few other bits and bobs and decided I would be making a bad compromise going for sats etc so purchased the BLCR AND BRFX Surrounds. Glad I did so as without even hearing them at home they look good. Plus all the speakers are matched which is nice. I got some Soundtsyle Z2 stands for the fronts, they look good in black too.

Just need to get a decent sub when the funds present themselves. Have QED original for the fronts and QED Micro cables for the rears (as wanted discreet cables for the rears).

Now it is toss up bewteen the new Onkyo 606 or new Sony 820s for the amp as I am using a Stereo Amp at the moment.

A

Anonymous

How much have you got to spend on a sub? I have the BRW10, and I am happy with it. You could also have a look at the MJ Acoustics Pro-50, there are a few people on here who rate it. Another one to look at would be the REL Quake. With regards to the Amp, Onkyo are still setting the standards, so why settle for anything less?

A

Anonymous

Yep the guy where I got my MAs from suggested the MJ Accoustics sub as well, I'll check it out.

The Onkyo's are quite tall, and I would have about 3cms clearance above it and I heard that they get pretty hot so not sure if that is enough clearance space?

A

Anonymous

You should have a bit more space than that, especially if it closed off on the sides and back. You could always get a small fan and attach it to the rear of the cabinet... I think Maplin do them HERE

TRENDING THREADS