Metal Gear Solid 4 on PlayStation 3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just two weeks to go and the deluxe version comes with a Blu-ray making of disc...

Is MGS 4 your next big game after Grand Theft Auto 4 or are you all still fixated with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I had MGS 2 on the PS2, never really got into it so I'm not going to buy this one on the day. It's on my Lovefilm rental list, so at some point I'll get it and give it a go and decide from there.

Besides that, still have to complete GT5 Prologue, and also have GTA IV, Call of Duty 4 and the Orange box to complete on the Xbox. So little time!!

A

Anonymous

Absolutely. Loved the PS2 versions, so this one is a must.

Saying that, I've still yet to finish off GTAIV!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Personally I find the MGS games tend to drag a bit and also the fact that Solid Snake looks like a 80's rock band reject!

Roll on November and Gears Of War 2, now that is a game to get excited about!
emotion-21.gif

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I think i'll wait on that one too, I'll have Lego Indy to play!!! and rock band if Play.com ever send me my replacement guitar.

A

Anonymous

My next purchase will be Lego Indiana Jones!I have to be very careful about what I buy because of my hearing problems so if it's not subtitled I don't wanna know. The great thing about the Lego games is it's all silent slapstick so I'm a happy bunny
emotion-1.gif

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Richard Melville"]
Gears 2 will be good but MGS 4 will be a much better test of your system!

Expect a review very soon on theleisurelab.co.uk

[/quote] What so are you saying that the original GEARS was mearly good? I have seen early code of GEARS 2 running and it looks spectacular and enough to give any system a right old test. MGS is a far slower paced game focusing on stelth rather than fast action, so yes it may well be at a native 1080p and look good but it is hardly going to push your TV in terms of keeping up with what is going on on screen is it?

A

Anonymous

I think you'll be surprised - it's a full-on warzone in MGS 4. Lots of explosions and running!

That said, Gears 2 does feature huge crowds of enemies which will be a brilliant test of detail and motion - I expect both to have brilliant sound scores too.

A

Anonymous

Yep I've got MGS4 on order, played the original and the second (never got to play the third) so can't wait for this one. However I still do have GTA4 and GT5 to finish so might be playing those a bit more now so that MGS gets my full attention!

TRENDING THREADS