Merlin Mozart Interconnector

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know how the older interconnectors compare with the newer ones?

Specifically, I have the old (1990's) Cable Talk Monitor 3 (5 star - £50) between my cd player and receiver........

But has technology improved so much that the newer Merlin Mozart (5 star - £40) would be a significant improvement, or not?

Anyone know or tried this, as I used to love my old QED Profile 4x4 speaker cable (£10/metre 5 star product-1990's), but tried the newer Chord silverscreen (£6/metre 5 star), and it blew the old QED away!!!!

I'm guessing the interconnector change would be the same experience, but the company do not offer a trial period.....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The company may not offer a trial, but hopefully one of their dealers would? (If you left a deposit)

In answer to your earlier question, we have seen developments over the years - companies getting more from cables at the same price point, by 'trickling down' tech/materials from higher-end products, for example

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare,

So in short, it might be worth looking into then?

Merlin only have 8 authorized dealers in the UK!!!

It looks like most of their sales comes from ebay, amazon and direct from them....which is cheaper than the Nov issue quoted, but don't tell anyone
emotion-5.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Interesting that none of the authorized dealers advertise Merlin Cables on their websites either? (At least I could not find any mention of the company.)

And their amazon site does not mention the Mozart and ebay is a buy it now type set up....

No demo's for me......
emotion-9.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
emotion-10.gif
My mistake.......on the front of the home page of Merlins website, it offers a 30 day home trial on all cables.......

Helps if I slow down and read the details!!!!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Well, I've just received my Merlin Mozart cable - 30% off till the end of the month if you order directly!! Which means £28 for a metre, rather than the £40 price tag suggested in last months magazine (where it was awarding 5 stars). Bargain!!

And I'm pleased to say that it is an improvement over my old Cable Talk Monitor 3 cable from the 1990's.

Definitely improves vocal and high end clarity on the system I'm using.....It's a highly recommended upgrade!!!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Had them for a couple of weeks now, and the cd player has been going for 2 days non stop(9-5pm)........

Guess they are well and truely burnt in!!!!!

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I learned that my amp was hard sounding, it needed almost a month to sound as good as it sounds now. But that may be an exception. The more isolation (means resistance) in a cable, the more it needs burning in. That's why my (bare) interconnects are in a vacuum tube thingie, my speaker wire only has a laquer on it for isolation, and i keep them suspended in the air.

A few days or 5 should do it, i don't burn in cables anymore when i buy them new, i just did with my amp becausse it was in need for burning in.

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone experience of any of the Merlin sub-woofer cables I am thinking of investing in one to connect my Denon 1910 to my B&W PV1 sub-woofer ?

Thanks

Damian

TRENDING THREADS