Media PC Software with a good looking GUI?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All - some advice or thoughts please!!

I have had a media pc built (by a company called Palicomp), its fantastic and will do all I requested and more!

I have downloaded software from Slysoft to rip my DVD's and Blurays in high quality and 'My Movies' to integrate them with WMP. All that is working well.

However, I now want to rip my music collect, again in a lossless high quality, is there a piece of software out there with a similar GUI to Apple's front row? I want something that is both straight forward to use once set up, will rip in lossless or WAV etc but also has a nice user-interface to look at on my 50" screen, as all this runs through my surround amp via HDMI then on to the TV!!

Any thoughts or suggestions on where to look next would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jason.

A

Anonymous

JasonC:

I have downloaded software from Slysoft to rip my DVD's and Blurays in high quality and 'My Movies' to integrate them with WMP. All that is working well.

You are obviously not based in UK then
emotion-10.gif

EAC will rip directly accurately to FLAC. EAC is probably not as sexy as anything Apple can dream up, but it works very well

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that - I'll take a look, but there must be software out there with a cover flow style nicely designed GUI?!

If only I was smart - I'd design one my self!!

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at both - do they both allow ripping of music too or are they just 'players'??

Cheers,

Jas.

A

Anonymous

Jason,

I currently use J.River for my PC and iTunes for my Mac. J.River has a Theatre View which is similar, but in my opinion far better than Front Row. J.River is also highly customisable it has a secure ripper for CD's. It is not free, however it is an excellent piece of software, which offers great sound quality, it supports DVD playback as well. They offer a free trial. The Theatre view displayed on my 42" plasma is excellent.

Cheers Craig

A

Anonymous

Thanks - has anyone heard of Zenpoint and their Digital Centre? If so, what are your thoughts??

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Suggest you take a look at the Foobar2000 - User Interface Gallery link in my useful threads (see my signature).

Here's mine.

3316570763_8768b9d84a.jpg

FB2K Coverflow

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that PJ - it looks great - just what i'm thinking of to be honest - but a bit out of my league i think!

i need something i can just download and point to my HDD to find all my tunes and let it do the rest!

Any thoughts?!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Craig, I'll take a look. I don't mind paying if it does / looks the way I want!

Cheers,

Jas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts