Marantz UD7007 vs Cambridge Audio BD751

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For me it's now down to these two players. No longer am I after a bluray player for movies only, but also for music and it's analogue outputs. The Marantz looks a good deal with the price drop, and tends to be the one I'm leaning towards, however the BD751 also looks good?

My only concern - only richersounds do the 751, this means I can't compare them side by side. Which is what I would normally do. Any ideas guys? :?

manicm

I'm not being biased here - I own the 751BD - but I'd seriously consider the Marantz. The 751BD is a great player but I suspect the 7007 will just about edge it for both picture and sound. Just be aware of a few quirks but I think it's a fab machine.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi Manicm,

I went for the 751BD in the end. The price drop to edged it for me (£549) great machine, really happy with its sound quality too.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi duaplex,

good to see that you are happy, I will go for last demo to decide between 651 or panas 500 next week.

But I can demo only pana 500, because 651 is last piece and I did listen 751 which probably sound the same as 651 in digital conection.

All the best

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You are correct, unless you are going to use the analogues then there is no point buying the 751BD. When using a HDMI cable, it bypasses the internal processing of the player and allows the AV to do the work. Therefore I would consider these units as your testing group

651BD

BDT500

Pioneer 450 that has the Qdeo chip inside, sinmilar to high end players.

Can't go wrong with either, the advantage the BDT500 - it has is the multi region feature built in. The 651 has a kit to allow this and the 450 has none..... food for thought.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Duaplex,

I would like to ask you 2 questions:

In Richer Sounds they have Panasonic dmp bdt500 and Panasonic dmp bdt500 MR which is 20 £ more. Is this MR for disc from USA ??

I am not sure if i buy any disc from USA. What do you think , is it worth to buy MR ?

I suppose that during my demo, should I set up players for PCM when it is connected via HDMI otherwise I wont be able to tell difference between

Panasonic and CA ?

Thank you.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This greatly depends on how much you want to watch or have multi region film. The release dates are very close between us and the US and one could argue that its not worth it, however there are cetain titles from teh US or around the world that never make it to PAL release.

You can mod the BDT500 to play multi region bluray too.

As for the testing of PCM over HDMI. This will not make a difference, the HDMI connection will not enable the onboard DAC on the CA. If HDMI is what you plan to use then discard the 751 as it will offer no more than your budget decks.

The test you want to run is using its analogues vs a player that only uses HDMI, then you will hear a difference.

surroundman said:
In Richer Sounds they have Panasonic dmp bdt500 and Panasonic dmp bdt500 MR which is 20 £ more. Is this MR for disc from USA ??

I am not sure if i buy any disc from USA. What do you think , is it worth to buy MR ?

MR is multiregion for DVDs only, which will enable you to play DVDs which are region locked. This does not make it multiregion (or multizone) for blu rays.

TRENDING THREADS