Marantz Sr6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have been recommended the following set up for my budget and wanted some feedback and advice on a few things. The set up is as follows:

Marantz sr6003 with the Panasonic BD60, 5xB&W M-1 speakers, B&W ASW 6008, Panasonic TXP37X10.

I want to use the system for music and film and wanted some feedback from anyone that has used any of these components. Also does the amp suit the speakers or is there a better match.

Finally I need to have a 37 inch tv and wanted to go plasma - is this model the best option?

Thanks

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I have an SR6003 it is an excellent amp very musical the setup above sound fine for AV, longer term I would look to upgrade the front stereo pair to something larger, 600 series possibly this would be better for music, you can keep the m1's for rear and go 7.1.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I don't think you'll find any problems with the SR6003 for films or music; I ahve the older SR6001 and have been very pleased.

In demos I found the Tannoy Arena to be better than the B&W MT-30, (acknowledge you don't have the PV1 sub), particularly with detail and at high frequencies, and I've been very happy with the combination.

also, as previous poster, if you aren't set on style speakers, you will probably get better performance with bigger ones, but I don't think the Marantz amps are as flexible as some in setting the bottom cut-off for individual speakers, (I think for mine each speaker can either be full range and any not set to that must share a common low frequency cut off).

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Thank you both for your help. Any thoughts on the TV? Will it matter noticeably that it is not full HD?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts