Marantz SR6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, anyone got the new Marantz SR6003 AV amp, I'm not having any luck finding a demo locally!

I would like to know what it is like with 2 chanel music and blu-ray through HDMI?

A

Anonymous

What would be a good alternative to the Marantz SR6003, for both home cinema and two chanel audio?

This would be used with my Monitor Audio Silver seris speakers and Panasonic Blu-Ray.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
This amp is great IMO and our top pick at the price point right now. It is very well made and easy to use - the USB function in particular working really quickly and easily. Sound wise the strenght is 2ch music and that sets it apart from the competition. In surround sound ( dvd and BD) the amp shines with plenty of pace and detail and well steered effects.

The 863 excels in music as well but with a slightly different tone. It is a cracking bit of kit , it will come down to your speakers and musical taste as to which sounds best.

Nick

hifianorak

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nick,

So if the Marantz and the Yahama are two of the best for music plus home theatre , which is the best purely used for home cinema purposes ?

I will be using my Naim set up for music DVDs , preferring two channel .

I'm looking for a HT amp which excels at different movie genres , being both potent and yet delicate when required .

Many thanks,

Rod

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rod, if you are looking for it to be "Potent and Delicate" you would be wise to take the next step up or beyond. The Yamaha RXV3900 / Onkyo TX-SR876 and Pioneer SC-LX71 will all do the trick. Speaker choice would narrow it down between the three. We run our Dali Ikon setup on the Onkyo and Pioneer and that will give you all the potency you could ask for. The RXV3900 would probably be my choice as you have more speaker options.

It would be best to listen in a demonstration as the delicate side of your request is a personal thing. They are all detailed but the Yamaha is perhaps more involving.

Nick

hifianorak

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Many thanks for your reply , much appreciated .

I guess I should have pointed out that my budget for the amp would really be max. £750 . As the amp will be only be used for the odd movie and being that 2 channel music thru my Naim set is my priority , hence the reason for my budget and also being unemployed doesn't help . I will be using Neat Motives for the front speakers and M&K tripoles for the rears . I appreciate that there will be a big difference between the quality of my Naim amplification and my intended AV amp , but I am fine with that .

I was previously looking at items like the Denon AVR 2309, Marantz SR 6003 , Onkyo SR 706 and of course the Yamaha 863 in the £500-600 ball park , but after being seduced by the stonking reviews of the new Yamaha RXV1900 , I am thinking of spending a little more , especially as the 1900 seems to be available at such good prices and also the outgoing RXV 1800 (much of a change from the 1900 sonic wise ?) is available even cheaper . Presumably both these models are a big step up from the models discussed previously .

By the way , I am forced to listen at low levels , so am really looking for a model that works well at lower decibel levels . Probably why I considered the Denon AVR 2309 , as it uses Audyssey Dynamic Volume /EQ technology .

Thanks again for your help and like you I am probably thinking Yamaha is the best bet , albeit the 1900/1800 rather than the 3900.

Kind regards,

Rod

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 1900 will work very well and is a step up from the 6003 and the 863 for sure. If you are watching standard TV or 2ch video sources the Yamaha DSP modes will really help as they steer the effects very well to the centre. You should have a shot with those functions in your demonstration - they are often overlooked in favour of the HD Audio.

Nick

hifianorak

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Nick.

Sorry last question , does the RXV 1900's replacement , the 1800 , get close to it in performance especially soundwise ?

Many thanks,

Rod

A

Anonymous

Hello back to my original question, has anyone got an SR6003 or heard a demo of 1?

A

Anonymous

Hi DCS,

I havenït got a Marantz SR6003 but I have itïs little brother the SR5003. Iïm really pleased with it. http://whathifi.com/forums/t/171838.aspx at this link you can see my post on this amp plus I added some pictures.

If youïve got some questions you can always shoot.

Greatings
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi KuDo,

I have a Marantz SR4500 at present and I want to upgrade for more power and the HDMI connection, I use Monitor Audio Silver series speakers and sub, I have heard that the SR6003 is good with music in 2 chanel and 5.1.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I have the Marantz SR6001, which the 6003 replaces, and so should be better than. I run it with the full Tannoy Arena 5.1.

I find it great for video and music. I previously had a Marantz stereo amp, (can't remember the model but about £150), and I feel the 6001 is much better for music, (even though I don't use the pure-direct mode due to needing the sub to kick in).

Against the Onkyo 605 in a demo it was miles ahead, especially with detail in music, some of which you just couldn't hear with the Onkyo.

It's hard to know what your expectations are, but certainly I've found the 6001 to be a very good solution for cinema audio and music.

Hope this helps.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Here's a reviewÿhttp://www.trustedreviews.com/home-cinema/review/2009/01/03/Marantz-SR6003-AV-Receiver/p1

I might buy it just because of the way it looks! ÿBut, it looks like it might have the sound to match too.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts