Marantz PM6005 Amplifier: New life for old digital players

chalkey

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Having listened to a newly released Marantz PM6005 integrated amp for a few days and being both surprised and delighted by its features and qualities, I wonder at how anyone can argue for using separate DAC units in budget audio systems. This component saves money, complication and space by incorporating a DAC which can be used via two digital inputs. Now I don't need to worry about upgrading my infallible old CD player just because it's passed its silver anniversary. Even my 8 year old terrestrial PVR sounds great via the optical link. As if that wasn't enough, the phono stage makes playing vinyl a joy was well! This amp sets the bar at a new level.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Marantz don't seem to do USB inputs with any great conviction for some reason (USB as in connect to your computer and the computer sees the amp as a DAC). MC-R610 doesn't have it and even the mammoth AV7005 is similarly bereft. They do have network connections though which I suppose gets you round it with a bit of faffing.

T

the record spot

I've a USB input at the back and front of mine.... :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
chalkey said:
Having listened to a newly released Marantz PM6005 integrated amp for a few days and being both surprised and delighted by its features and qualities, I wonder at how anyone can argue for using separate DAC units in budget audio systems. This component saves money, complication and space by incorporating a DAC which can be used via two digital inputs. Now I don't need to worry about upgrading my infallible old CD player just because it's passed its silver anniversary. Even my 8 year old terrestrial PVR sounds great via the optical link. As if that wasn't enough, the phono stage makes playing vinyl a joy was well! This amp sets the bar at a new level.

Whatever next?

Dacs in speakers perhaps.......... ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts